Pri5tt01e

TT01e TBLE-02S won’t go in reverse!

Hi all, newbie here!

im running a stock tt01 e (only change is steel bearings)

I have a

TBLE-02s ESC

Absima stick controller 

Absima R3FS reciver 

In the instructions it’s says the Absima is already “matched” and setup as a brushed motor. 

the steering works and so does the acceleration AND brake. But NO reverse. 
I have tried the RED-GREEN-AMBER-RED instructions. I get the beep but still nothing. 

do you sugggest rebinding? Or anything else I have missed?

thanks!

image.jpg

Just to add...

I have noticed when I double tab forward it goes into reverse. Then I need to tap back to stop it... very strange going on’s...

driving me mad!!

2 hours ago, Pri5tt01e said:

Just to add...

I have noticed when I double tab forward it goes into reverse. Then I need to tap back to stop it... very strange going on’s...

driving me mad!!

Did you try reversing the throttle channel on the transmitter?

1 hour ago, El Gecko said:

Did you try reversing the throttle channel on the transmitter?

Currently the transmitter is set to
TH - Nor

ST - Nor

if I set TH - Rev the controls switch direct but work... so forward goes reverse and back goes forward. 

it’s like Iv got somthing on the electrics crossed!! Annoying!!

15 minutes ago, Pri5tt01e said:

Currently the transmitter is set to
TH - Nor

ST - Nor

if I set TH - Rev the controls switch direct but work... so forward goes reverse and back goes forward. 

it’s like Iv got somthing on the electrics crossed!! Annoying!!

You said above you're using a brushed motor? Try leaving the TH in the Rev position, and swap the motor wires.

7 minutes ago, El Gecko said:

You said above you're using a brushed motor? Try leaving the TH in the Rev position, and swap the motor wires.

Yes brushed. 
so currently I have 

yellow - yellow

blue - green

are you suggesting I swap them around?

12 minutes ago, Pri5tt01e said:

Yes brushed. 
so currently I have 

yellow - yellow

blue - green

are you suggesting I swap them around?

Yes, exactly. So you should have:

yellow - green

blue - yellow

The wire colors may not match, but that doesn't matter as long as the car moves in the correct direction (with brakes when you push the stick to reverse).

4 hours ago, El Gecko said:

Yes, exactly. So you should have:

yellow - green

blue - yellow

The wire colors may not match, but that doesn't matter as long as the car moves in the correct direction (with brakes when you push the stick to reverse).

Legend! such a simple change and it worked - first of many things to learn!

problem I have now.... :)

when Im in reverse and then hit the throttle it stops i.e. brakes, if I do the same when I have the throttle down and then hit reverse it does straight into reverse.

From my (limited) understanding I think it supposed to stop i.e. brake so the gears dont get f'ed.

17 minutes ago, Pri5tt01e said:

Legend! such a simple change and it worked - first of many things to learn!

problem I have now.... :)

when Im in reverse and then hit the throttle it stops i.e. brakes, if I do the same when I have the throttle down and then hit reverse it does straight into reverse.

From my (limited) understanding I think it supposed to stop i.e. brake so the gears dont get f'ed.

ok so i think I need to switch the motor wire back to 

yellow - yellow

blue - green

Because it seems to go a lot fast in reverse if I swap them around, and I also get the above issue.

So back to square one... Cant get car into reverse!

8 hours ago, Pri5tt01e said:

ok so i think I need to switch the motor wire back to 

yellow - yellow

blue - green

Because it seems to go a lot fast in reverse if I swap them around, and I also get the above issue.

So back to square one... Cant get car into reverse!

Yep, well we at least eliminated some variables from the equation. It's not the Tx/Rx, it's not the motor, and the ESC thinks fwd/rev are the correct directions.

I don't actually have this ESC but I finally just looked up the manual. I think what you described in your first post is just how it's supposed to work?

https://www.tamiyausa.com/media/files/45057ml-801-efb9.pdf

*Caution: Return the trigger to neutral (stop) position, then push it forward again to drive in reverse.

4 hours ago, El Gecko said:

Yep, well we at least eliminated some variables from the equation. It's not the Tx/Rx, it's not the motor, and the ESC thinks fwd/rev are the correct directions.

I don't actually have this ESC but I finally just looked up the manual. I think what you described in your first post is just how it's supposed to work?

https://www.tamiyausa.com/media/files/45057ml-801-efb9.pdf

Thanks so much for your effort in looking into this! Yes the more I read about it it seems the norm..

i.e having to brake (neutral) the  again hit thorrotle to reverse. So, the reverse is technically just to brake. 

not sure I’m happy with that, as it’s a bit temperamental, getting in reverse. Some times works sometimes just goes forward. 

Just now, Pri5tt01e said:

Thanks so much for your effort in looking into this! Yes the more I read about it it seems the norm..

i.e having to brake (neutral) the  again hit thorrotle to reverse. So, the reverse is technically just to brake. 

not sure I’m happy with that, as it’s a bit temperamental, getting in reverse. Some times works sometimes just goes forward. 

So is it the receiver or the ESC that controls this communication. As in what do I need to replace if I want this working as I first suggested. 

thanks

Put the transmitter throttle switch into reverse position and then go through the process of calibrating the esc high / low end points as per the manual from the beginning again.

Screenshot_20201229-085656_Gallery.jpg

22 hours ago, Pri5tt01e said:

So is it the receiver or the ESC that controls this communication. As in what do I need to replace if I want this working as I first suggested. 

thanks

It is the ESC that controls the fwd/brake/reverse setup, yes. I have the same troubles with my Traxxas XL-5 ESC, except I have to return the stick to neutral after hitting the brakes, and then reverse is the normal reverse direction on the stick. But it's the same "fiddlyness" where the ESC thinks you still want to brake, so it doesn't kick into reverse on the first try, and it's even worse if the steering is turned. I basically have to wait for it to come to a dead stop with the brakes on until I can return to neutral and then reverse. My Hobbywing 1060 is the same procedure as the Traxxas (fwd-fwd/rev-brake/double tap rev for reverse), but in yet another difference, it seems to want to kick into reverse more often than the brakes.

13 hours ago, El Gecko said:

It is the ESC that controls the fwd/brake/reverse setup, yes. I have the same troubles with my Traxxas XL-5 ESC, except I have to return the stick to neutral after hitting the brakes, and then reverse is the normal reverse direction on the stick. But it's the same "fiddlyness" where the ESC thinks you still want to brake, so it doesn't kick into reverse on the first try, and it's even worse if the steering is turned. I basically have to wait for it to come to a dead stop with the brakes on until I can return to neutral and then reverse. My Hobbywing 1060 is the same procedure as the Traxxas (fwd-fwd/rev-brake/double tap rev for reverse), but in yet another difference, it seems to want to kick into reverse more often than the brakes.

It’s working!!!

not sure how...

I was out giving it a run and the grub screw in the pinion gear must have come lose and the motor was revenge but the car stopped moving! I removed the parts and greased and tightened the grub, turned it all back on and it’s working!!

So now, one pull back engages the brake  then second pull back puts it in reverse  

setup...

motor wire as stated in manual B-G / Y-Y and TH in Nor... all same as original when I first posted!!

if anyone can shed any light on this it would be a great learning point!!

Now to make the steering straight (keeps turning right) then to make it go faster :)

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 3:38 PM, Pri5tt01e said:

Now to make the steering straight (keeps turning right) then to make it go faster :)

Did you set the steering trim on the transmitter?

13 minutes ago, El Gecko said:

Did you set the steering trim on the transmitter?

Yep! It’s so far out it hardly helps. 

im sure  it’s because  Iv knocked it and the servo is out. Can’t be this bad normally. It was fine at own point...

• Confused 1