Sign in to follow this  
StuHU

Dark Impact steering issue

Hi all.  After a year of bashing an FTX Carnage to bits (and considerable cost to rebuild) I decided to build a new car for my lad.  Decided on the DI primarily becuase that's all that wan in stock! Anyway, really enjoyed building it over Xmas and added some hop-ups for good measure.  One problem though; turn left and the steering centres okay, turn right and it stays offset to the right.  I've tried trimming it on the tx but it's not enough.  I set the length of the turnbuckles using a ruler but I have picked up my calipers today so I can check them all more accuratley but I'm positive they'll be as per manual.  I've attached a photo showing how the wheels sit after turning right.  What am I missing?

IMG_20201227_205906.jpg

• Like 1

I operated the servo before fitting the horn, but now you've menioned it I'll check it again!

Thats the only thing I can think of - that the servo is in its neutral position as shown in the photo. Make sure the transmitter trims Re neutral too unless using a separate servo tester.

I cant recall any of the dark impact steering parts ever binding on mine (unless the servo is faulty)

• Like 1

Might be a bad actuator in the servo?  

If it centers alright after left turn, but not after right turn, then the limiting thing (actuator) might not be working properly.   

If you have an extra servo, I'd try that. 

I've had a thorough look over and can only marginally improve matters.  Might well have to try another servo.