BJoe76

Lunchbox and Clod shocks

Are there any recommendations for oil filled shocks that will be repairable years down the road for either truck?  

I’ll eventually be looking to upgrade both trucks and would like to shocks I can get repair parts for years down the road if need be. I had been thinking about the Traxxas BigBore shocks since those have been around nearly as long as the Clod and Lb at this point and I am quite familiar with them on top if it. Any recommendations on other shocks to consider?

I was going to suggest Traxxas as you already pointed out.  I like to buy the cheap E/TMaxx OEM sets that are all over Ebay in sets of 8.  I dont think there's a better value in shocks out there considering you get 8 of them for around $30 USD.  I do have the aluminum versions on a few trucks and they are super nice, but the plastic stockers do just fine on most trucks.

I do think the Traxxas springs that come with the Maxx shocks are a bit too stiff for a stock chassis Clod, so I usually just run the stock Clod springs with them (they fit just fine).  The TXT-2 springs are also nice and soft, but are a bit harder to come by these days.  Other than that I really dont have any good recommendations as all of my other springs in the 'spring box' are not really labeled and have no clue where they came from.  I just go with trial and error most of the time until I get the suspension working how I want it to. 

Hmmm, didn’t think to see if the stock Clod springs would work, I was figuring on the Slash 2wd springs being what I would want to try.

Thanks again!

Pricey now , but the Top Force Rere Hicaps are PERFECT for a clod or lunchy! They are a little shorter than the clods so a chassis lift or longer rod ends are required if you desire the same height. King cab shocks work too but they are hard to come by. My king cab and monster racer use Rere top force Hicaps too so I just substituted there shock shafts for the Hicaps.

Yeah Racing dampers are pretty good - and rebuildable with Tamiya parts. Cheaper than the TRF dampers by a long way as well. 

Might be worth a look