LukeP

FS-12 SS Liner & Piston Needed - Help!

Hi Guys, I'm looking for a FS-12 SS Liner & Piston (I'm sure these are quite rare now) would anyone have a spare knocking around in a tool draw?

I wondered are any other Tamiya liners and pistons compatible with this engine and heat sink? I really don't want to buy a new engine if I don't have to. I've found a few via eBay I wondered if a FS-12 FD would fit for example? 

On 12/30/2020 at 2:02 PM, LukeP said:

Hi Guys, I'm looking for a FS-12 SS Liner & Piston (I'm sure these are quite rare now) would anyone have a spare knocking around in a tool draw?

I wondered are any other Tamiya liners and pistons compatible with this engine and heat sink? I really don't want to buy a new engine if I don't have to. I've found a few via eBay I wondered if a FS-12 FD would fit for example? 

FS-12SS and FS-12SW use the same piston and liner part number 7684129. No other Tamiya engine uses the same piston and liner. However the engines were made for Tamiya by O.S and are pretty much an O.S Max 12CV-RX with a different carb, head and branding. The O.S piston and liner fit and the part number is 21253010. Still hard to get but another option.

As I write this there are two Tamiya sets on Ebay