Mike Hotshot Harding

Lunchbox bumper?

Hi all

i have a lunchbox re-release model and continue to brake the servo saver connector plate to the steering rods, I have upgraded to the high torque tamiya plastic version but broke two of those, I’ve ordered an aluminium version but the root cause is the front wheel hitting a kerb etc... I know my driving needs to improve but I wondered if you guys can suggest a better solution? I’ve thought of making a big aluminium bumper to protect the front?? Thoughts please???

I put a Kimbrough 121on mine since I’m using a HiTec servo.  I’ve beat the snot out of the one I have on my Stampede for years on end and only had issues with screws coming lose from well used locknuts! 

Here’s a link for it, it’s worth the $7.99 plus tax and/or shipping, IMHO.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/kimbrough-large-heavy-duty-servo-saver-universal-spline-connector-kim121/p123005

I was just working on my Lb, that was the wrong servo saved!

I bought a Kimbrough 201, which is smaller and molded in the same black plastic that the HD savers recommended for axle mounted servos on Clods. Here’s the link for the correct one.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/kimbrough-mid-size-servo-saver-futaba-hitec-airtronics-kim201/p32168

Here’s mine

001(101).HEIC

They’re completely different outside of job and outside appearance, the Kimbrough servo savers have a coil spring in them that wraps around the center to absorb the impact and is made of a tough plastic that can handle such abuse. I did reuse the stock hardware from my Lb to mount the tier of ends and to it as well. Here’s their #121 from my Stampede when I was doing some summer maintenance on it this year, for an idea of how they look.

0AEAE7D6_5010_4AC1_8712_DBA0CFF14FC3_B70

as well as their #123 saver in my RJ Speed Legends Car.

001(78).HEIC

+1 on the Kimbrough saver. Metal gear servo and a Kimbrough saver and you are set.