Sign in to follow this  
Gazzalene

Bearing quality

Just looking to carry more bearing in the spares box. Up till now I have been buying upgrade sets and individuals from a well known supplier,at apx 75p to £ each. These have always been great BUT I see a lot of guys buy in bulk. Just wondered if the quality is good or as good?

Also going to look at the type I buy,always went with metal shielded thinking they were better than rubber BUT now going to buy rubber shieled for wheels NOT metal. will keep the metals for sealed areas.

Thinking about it ,I don't race so don't really need top spec BUT  who wants sticky/notchy bearings.

Any links are pointers to a god source would be great.

I buy Yeah Racing from rcmart, they are USD3 - 4 for 10, have just about every size you would need and offer them with metal or rubber shields. You can get cheaper than these but I've never had a bad one and I use them on everything - backyard bashers and the race cars. The only ones that have failed have been because of an issue with the car (eg bent dogbone causing excessive vibration) not the bearing. I usually make an order from rcmart every few months so just add whatever I'm running low on to the order