Sign in to follow this  
Kelleye

Dynastorm help

Been building a Dynastorm from scratch.... Not far away but got to the tricky bit now of finding gears.... Looking for counter, drive and diff gear and the almost impossible to source slipper clutch bag😬.... Any tips or thoughts welcome🤞👍PK

I can feel your pain : )

Best and cheapest advice, be patient and buy a restauration object to stripe it down for spares. I will definitly remanufacture the slipper discsuntil end of february. But then its still the question where you get the clutch spring from. Gearbox internals are also rare as badword, I have just enough for my own further projects.

Then you have to find the 2mm disc-springs for the diff. You can use Tamiya wire springs instead but you need a M2x22mm screw and at least one thin M2 washer and a little tiny bushing inside the spring to keep the screw inline. Those disc springs reprodution is also in the pipeline.

Its so much time for a Re-Re-Re-edition.

Btw. I do two Dynas from scratch right now and for parts you are not far away from a 700€ NIB set. B)

Thanks for reply, yeah it's a real tough restore but all part of the fun I suppose 😬... Interesting I found that the internal gears from my Dn01 (Zahhak) do fit nicely... Diff and counter seem perfect mesh.. The drive gear is right size but obviously doesn't have internal hex bolt to fit to the drive shaft... I suppose with some modification could get it to work but not tried yet... I just have to keep my eyes out on ebay, you never know... 🤞.... 

Yeah I suppose I wouldn't mind a rere dyna as some of this build is from reproduction parts, as I'm not going original with this one... Think that would be impossible anyways... 

• Like 2

If you need any carbonfibre parts, I still have some nice shocktowers and other goodies, also 3D printed parts in standard and reinforced version. Mid Motos conversion is also an option : )

If you go for a Dyna to run, try to fit a modern slipper clutch, even when you have to find a mainshaft solution for DN01 internals it cryes for it.

Cool, thanks... I have the fibrelyte chassis kit including towers which I'm impressed with and have purchased some Orb racing 3D parts... Rest is from vintage kit parts on eBay... So it's not been a cheap job 😂.... I do need E5, E1, E3, D5, D3 & D7....? 

You did a good choice with this parts. For the rest you find some of them on my shapeways site and some of them I have already printed and black coatet at home.

I have E1/5 in good used and new. Send me a PM if you are interested in.

Updated last message. Also I have D7 in reprint but not on shapeways.

Nice hint with DN-01 parts. I will receive a slipper kit anyway so I  can check the parts back home.

Cool have sent u a PM... I am not fully sure about the Dn01... Being a match, but first look was positive... Need to see whether DS pressure discs fit and what diff joints to use... 

i still have some Dynastorm slipper clutch parts in my stash. Let me know what you are still missing and i will have a look.