Sign in to follow this  
Rb4276

Boredom buys

So i was looking on tower and they have the vqs/vanquish for $290 after the coupon plus i have an extra $10 off. If i do easy pay over 3 months it is only $95 a month. Not the biggest fan of the vqs but love my egress and avante black. Is it worth it to put away and build during the winter? I would use a superstock bz and hobbywing 1060. 

• Like 2

As much as I'd normally encourage buying more cool things, why not save it for something that lights a spark for you? 

Lot of money, even split across three lots for something you're not hugely taken with it seems. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

As much as I'd normally encourage buying more cool things, why not save it for something that lights a spark for you? 

Lot of money, even split across three lots for something you're not hugely taken with it seems. 

That is my other option, i was hoping for an optima mid or new ultima. Or i was thinking the new losi monster truck. 

• Like 1

it’s a good point, sometimes as soon as I buy something I’m Luke warm about another really exciting option comes up that I can no longer afford.

• Like 3

I think I would consider all the 6 unbuilt kits I currently have are caused by “boredom or impulse” buys... but then again, I would love to think that the 3 kits in my current lot will appreciate its value if I can keep myself from building it... the other 3, well, it is to satisfy the kid in me... I would probably wait for a better coupon from TH. The current offering they have is lukewarm compared to what they had a month ago l... only buy it if you really want the VQS... but by the looks if it, the demand for the VQS is not as high as the Terra Scorcher, unless Tamiya built more...

2 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

That is my other option, i was hoping for an optima mid or new ultima. Or i was thinking the new losi monster truck. 

Wait? Is the Optima Mid ReRe out now ?! 

54 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

Wait? Is the Optima Mid ReRe out now ?! 

No, i was hoping when kyosho made an announcement  of a new release 2 weeks ago

9 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:
16 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

No, i was hoping when kyosho made an annual of a new release 2 weeks ago

I’m hoping too. Optima Mid was my first Hobby Grade RC. Not a lot of RERes I get op excited about, but I will be the recreating the Frye “Take my Money “ meme If Kyosho ever decides to reissue that one. ( I’m still tempted by the Rear engine Optima and Ultima retreads)

Heck, I think Kyosho should go the Tamiya route and reissue the Raider. ( By Tamiya I mean reissuing heritage entry level models not just the flagships ) 

8 hours ago, Hobgoblin said:

Great advice, buy what you really want and enjoy it more. 

Since they haven't disappeared instantly, I vaguely considered doing that same considering the Vanquish is special to me but, in my personal case, I couldn't justify the expense. I have built the Egress and Avante re-res so the construction of the VQS wouldn't be that radically different in my personal estimation (other's experience my vary) just more plastic. I instead decided to restore my original Vanquish. I'll echo what others have said and save your money for something your passionate about. I might blow $85 on something like a Mini Lunch Box out of curiosity, but over $250 on something I'm lukewarm on? Nah.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Since they haven't disappeared instantly, I vaguely considered doing that same considering the Vanquish is special to me but, in my personal case, I couldn't justify the expense. I have built the Egress and Avante re-res so the construction of the VQS wouldn't be that radically different in my personal estimation (other's experience my vary) just more plastic. I instead decided to restore my original Vanquish. I'll echo what others have said and save your money for something your passionate about. I might blow $85 on something like a Mini Lunch Box out of curiosity, but over $250 on something I'm lukewarm on? Nah.  

You’re right, i considered it  possibly as a  full time runner and let my avante sit most of the time. Ill just wait it out thenext few months and see if anything gets announced or maybe the losi lmt

• Like 1