Marvelous

Neo Scorcher mount tires need help

Good mornin'

i am not new to RC but last time i build something was in 2007 or 2008. So here's my problem and i need your help:

A few days ago my tamiya neo scorcher arrived and i reached step 32. Do you guys recommend soaking the tires in warm water and dish soap to make them soft and fit easier on the rims ? The way its shown in the manual i will never fit them, they are insanly strong and tight.

greetings

55 minutes ago, Marvelous said:

Good mornin'

i am not new to RC but last time i build something was in 2007 or 2008. So here's my problem and i need your help:

A few days ago my tamiya neo scorcher arrived and i reached step 32. Do you guys recommend soaking the tires in warm water and dish soap to make them soft and fit easier on the rims ? The way its shown in the manual i will never fit them, they are insanly strong and tight.

greetings

That's quite strange. I have a Plasma Edge 2, which is the same chassis with the same wheel/tire combo, and I don't recall it being so difficult to mount the tires onto the wheels. It's a tight fit yes, but not impossible by any means.

What you can try (and how I did it) is to put the rims into the tire at a perpendicular angle, and then slowly push and tug on the rim to rotate it to the correct orientation until it is properly mounted onto the tire. Takes about 1 minute per wheel.

• Like 1

I’m not sure if it’s quite the same - but I struggled for hours with the rear tyres on my Hornet a few days ago. Soaked in hot water etc - and you of course have to put them in “standing up”.... but still no joy.

I was seriously struggling - and searched you tube and found someone who used the handle ends of two soup ladles (hooking the end of the handle) inside the tyre to stretch it.

Great idea. But I only have one soup ladle. 

But.... I do have some cheap and cheerful(crappy) door handles on our utility room door - and I was able to hook the end of the handle in the tyre and stretch it with one hand and cram the wheel in with the other. Took literally five seconds using this method - obviously don’t go nuts - but I was pulling quite hard and caused no damage to the door handle or the tyre.

If you have round door handles, the it obviously won’t work...(!). See below. 

Thanks for your reply, i made it with the method in the manual. I realised i didnt tried hard enough. To be honest i  thought i would cause damage to the tires if i try harder. It turned out well. I saw a lot if videos with the main topic "glue wheels" but no one of these had to fit wheels without foam and glue so i had no chances to get some hints. Anyways, thanks guys. How do i close the thread now ? :D