Wetman

for those of us in the UK

Apologies if anyone anywhere else uses them but its lockdown related hence the thread title, MB models in Leeds and RCmodelshop direct in Cas have put posts on facebook that they are still doing ordering but shutting the shops to walk ins. Havent seen anything from Modelsport, Fusion, Astec or Truescale trucks at the moment. Don`t know about any others as they are the main ones I use. If anyone else hears anything about any others mebbes give us a shout here?

From reading their website I dont think Modelsport ever reopened their shop/showroom even for click and collect after the first lockdown.

• Like 2

I’m hearing this latest uk lockdown excludes garden centres etc. So we can still get some petunias if ‘needed’ 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Garden centres were among the first to re-open after LD1.0 so I'm not entirely surprised they aren't closing this time.  I guess that probably includes DIY stores too as these are big open airy spaces and contain a lot of essential stuff.

MB Models say Click & Collect is still open - the whole idea of driving to a model shop to collect something seems bizarre during what's supposed to be a hard lockdown, even if you can be almost zero risk.  I'm not complaining though, if I go utterly stir crazy I can order a Click & Collect from Racecraft RC (about 30 mins drive away) and get out of the house for a bit.  Can't be illegal if the store is open, right?

This is going to re-ignite the debate of whether or not it's appropriate to take an RC car with you on your daily exercise (as far as I can tell no limit has been applied on how long we're allowed to exercise?)

• Like 2

MB's have there own track, although I've never been, presume it's more of a what we would class as a model shop.

Modelsport, which looks to be more like Argos, and as above, don't think opened its doors ,as most these days, 99% of sales are online.

• Like 1

Racecraft RC have been open to the public as long as it's been allowed, I think even when Bath was briefly in Tier 3, although only one customer at a time allowed in store.  Click & Collect only during Lockdown 2.0 and again now in Lockdown 3.0.

It is a very small outlet operated by one person, not a big warehouse like Wheelspin.

• Like 1

Addlestone model shop in Addlestone, Surrey is still doing collections I think. A good little shop with a small Tamiya stock. 

On 1/5/2021 at 3:40 PM, Hairyjon313 said:

Addlestone model shop in Addlestone, Surrey is still doing collections I think. A good little shop with a small Tamiya stock. 

The one thing that's always baffled me about them is the lack of competition grade stuff when they have a popular 1/10 off road club just down the road! 

8 minutes ago, BuggyGuy said:

The one thing that's always baffled me about them is the lack of competition grade stuff when they have a popular 1/10 off road club just down the road! 

True, I feel they are more Train based than RC. Still, its nice having a shop nearby. 

On 1/5/2021 at 12:21 AM, J@mes said:

I’m hearing this latest uk lockdown excludes garden centres etc. So we can still get some petunias if ‘needed’ 😂

Don't know about yours, but our local garden centre is crammed full of everything BUT stuff for your garden..... it has large sections for toys, jigsaw puzzles, a restaurant, deli food counter, clothes, furniture, bedding, china, crockery, ornaments, collectables, a huge xmas decorations area and even sells RTR RC cars and helicopters..... if you want to go in to buy some stuff for your actual garden you are screwed as you need to queue for hours behind a zillion OAP's and their dogs buying tat or queuing to get in to the restaurant to get their £5 Sunday roasts........ :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

True @mud4fun though in my local garden centre I was able to buy a Dickie Fire Engine as a birthday present for a 3yr old. It was great - even shoots water (the parents will thank me, of course). Couldn't get that at the 'toy' shop in town!

EDIT: that was back between Lockdown 1 and Lockdown 2.

• Like 1