toyolien

Few Lunchbox Questions.

I'm just gathering a few parts for a Lunchbox build and would really like some Yellow CVA's.  It seems they were available a few years ago but I can't find any for sale now.

https://www.rcjaz.co.uk/tamiya-84365-rc-cw01-cva-short-shock-unit-set-ii-yellow-style-p-90063620.html

Is there an alternative 80mm CVA that I can buy? Even if it's in pieces from another kit... Monster Beetle?

And, lastly, what is the latest update on the 5th shock mod, compared to a fixed piece like the Ampro brace? Any difference in use?

Thanks.

Not sure on the shocks as I’m new to these trucks, but I’m thinking about the Traxxas Big Bore with soft springs on mine though.

When it comes to the 5th shock vs AMPro brace, the shock will still allow the axle to pivot, just controls the slapping action from what I’ve been able to find while the AMPro brace will hold it still but allow it to “flex” if the terrain it uneven, plus you don’t need to chop up the axle half, just drill 2 small holes in the plate under the battery!

I went down the fixed bar route. It's one less thing to go wrong on the chassis, and it still allows the axle to articulate and compress.

50614121843_469f796695_b.jpg

It's sturdy and you're not exactly looking for the ultimate in performance here are you? I bought it as part of a four part kit off fleabay, the other three bars act as braces between the front shock towers and between the chassis overhang and the axle pivot dropouts. I'm quite impressed with the kit. The first post of my build thread is here if it helps.

Fantastic, thanks for the replies. I'm thinking of using a solid 50mm length bar. I can then always switch it for a shock if needed later.

I got the brace - night and day difference, and incredibly neat install, too.

(12T motor, 2s Lipo, GPM Racing wheelie bar, 4 x Traxxas ultra-shocks)

I started with the 5th shock, but switched to a solid rod last year. Both have worked just fine.

12 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

I got the brace - night and day difference, and incredibly neat install, too.

(12T motor, 2s Lipo, GPM Racing wheelie bar, 4 x Traxxas ultra-shocks)

What length TrAxxas shocks did you use? Even then bandit “front” I think are like 90mm. Every Traxxas shocks I’ve seen appear too long. 

Also, I have the Ampro brace. Easy install and I love how the truck drives with it.