DayRider

Need a new Transmitter

Not having much luck at the moment with my gear. My Trans' has packed in! Thing is cash flow is a bit low at the present time, but I need a new set, any ideas?

3 channels will do.

Are you in US ? Jenny’s RC ( a “kit breaker “ on the east coast ) usually has specktrum SLT3 radio out of RTR kits for cheap. It’s comparable and backwards compatible with the old Tactic 3 channel. I have one in my Pumpkin right now .

I love mine 

I just checked they have some in stock under $25USD 

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma-typhon-4x4-3s-blx-radio-set-system-tactic-ttx300-tr326-kraton-ar102696?_pos=13&_sid=447e0d6ad&_ss=r

This one is pulled from an Arrma RTR .

P.S. If you are not in North America, I think they still ship globally but I would contact their customer service to see what proves and methods are.

• Thanks 1

I'm in the the north of Scotland but I will check them out, thanks for your reply mate.

• Like 1

If not from them, that is still a good, inexpensive 3 channel  transmitter/RX combo. 
You can search Banggood as well 

If that other one doesn't work out, cheap and 3 channels really means a FlySky GT3C. Its worth the extra money for the C over the B as it comes with a lipo instead of using 8 AA batteries

• Like 1

Flysky GT3C battery operated is about $30  with the LIPO is $50 here in us.

4 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

If that other one doesn't work out, cheap and 3 channels really means a FlySky GT3C. Its worth the extra money for the C over the B as it comes with a lipo instead of using 8 AA batteries

Not sure about Flysky I think the springs the steering are weak, I'm not a fan.

• Like 1

I have just bought the absima steer wheel radio, it has 2 receivers and was less than £70 from modelsport. I havent tried it yet, but will be doing soon.

5 minutes ago, Matty36 said:

I have just bought the absima steer wheel radio, it has 2 receivers and was less than £70 from modelsport. I havent tried it yet, but will be doing soon.

I got an absima two stick jopbby last year. One run with i now the battery cover won`t stay on and the throttle sticks every couple of pushes. Once biten twice shy I`m afraid.

I`ve got a planet TS2+2 that seems ok. the third channel is a three way toggle switch but seems ok so far and i`m hoping it works for three speed shifting

I'd go with a Radiolink RC4GS or 6GS, depending on which one you can fit into your budget. I upgraded to an RC6GS from a GT3C and it is night and day the difference. While the GT3C isn't a bad transmitter, it's a little dated now and I've had issues with range and steering springs breaking. So far the RC6GS has held up and the receivers are absolute incredible as well for only $20. 7 Channels, can handle up to 10v of power, and also even have a telemetry port for battery voltage and a gyro which I've found isn't too great. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bash said:

I'd go with a Radiolink RC4GS or 6GS, depending on which one you can fit into your budget. I upgraded to an RC6GS from a GT3C and it is night and day the difference. While the GT3C isn't a bad transmitter, it's a little dated now and I've had issues with range and steering springs breaking. So far the RC6GS has held up and the receivers are absolute incredible as well for only $20. 7 Channels, can handle up to 10v of power, and also even have a telemetry port for battery voltage and a gyro which I've found isn't too great. 

just had a wee look at those, just going to have a good read of the spec, thanks

We bought three Futaba T2HR (2.4Ghz) sets last year. They are cheap, reliable and rugged. No frills, basic stuff but more than adequate for what we need. The ergonomics are great if you like sticks and we just bought loads of receivers for all our cars so we only need one tranny for our entire fleet. We don't like wheels, the kids surprisingly hate them too, so limited choice of sticks but the Futaba sets are great value.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

We bought three Futaba T2HR (2.4Ghz) sets last year. They are cheap, reliable and rugged. No frills, basic stuff but more than adequate for what we need. The ergonomics are great if you like sticks and we just bought loads of receivers for all our cars so we only need one tranny for our entire fleet. We don't like wheels, the kids surprisingly hate them too, so limited choice of sticks but the Futaba sets are great value.

Thanks i'll take a wee look.

• Like 1

If you go for Futaba or Sanwa you can get compatible receivers from Banggood for about US25 each which is less than half the price of originals. I've tried a few out and they work fine, no issues at all. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

If you go for Futaba or Sanwa you can get compatible receivers from Banggood for about US25 each which is less than half the price of originals. I've tried a few out and they work fine, no issues at all. 

I was thinking about getting a Sanwa MT-S.

5 hours ago, DayRider said:

I'm in the the north of Scotland but I will check them out, thanks for your reply mate.

You up near Stonehaven?

They've a club that's on Facebook, might be worth a shout.

https://m.facebook.com/sdrcc/

A good radio has just been listed on -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/105619316276972/?ref=share

13 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

You up near Stonehaven?

They've a club that's on Facebook, might be worth a shout.

https://m.facebook.com/sdrcc/

A good radio has just been listed on -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/105619316276972/?ref=share

Thanks for the shout I'm just up in the highlights, Inverness near loch Ness

32 minutes ago, DayRider said:

Thanks for the shout I'm just up in the highlights, Inverness near loch Ness

Right ok,

You'd maybe be quicker heading down to us at Glasgow 🤔😂😂

Sometimes head up that way, we've a sister plant near Culloden, by the airport.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Right ok,

You'd maybe be quicker heading down to us at Glasgow 🤔😂😂

Sometimes head up that way, we've a sister plant near Culloden, by the airport.

Next time you are in Culloden give us a shout, I would be well up for a bash

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 4:57 PM, Albert Attaboy said:

I have a new Spektrum SLT3 + receiver for sale.

has it got a lipo battery in put on that one?