Sign in to follow this  
simalarion

FlySky GS-GT3B very Energy Hungry

This RC take 8x AA, i have niMh 2200 mah 1.2 V AA Batteries but this RC just suck that power right out of them and start beeping after 30 min. New charged batteries give the RC over 11 Volt but it drain fast fast and RC start Beeping at 9.6 volt, i think that is vry early and it is no way i can turn this off.

So if i am about to use this i need new batteries, as an alternative to niMh you can now buy AA Li-ion controlled to 1.5 v (normal would be 3.7 but that would be to high), we do not have those in Norway but many on Ebay have them and i believe they will give me far more stability and power for my RC, have anyone tested and can recommend a brand?, the most ekspenive ones seem to be KENTLI:

image.png.6ac15cf4dff760f9aa10e9b09fd2a4d3.png

image.png.e819ea36dbe6459324d7af28a95d23bc.png

I do not want those with USB port on the battery, i will use my SkyRc for charging. 

The voltage regulator in that radio is not very good. It waste a lot of power. Look up voltage reg mod. It is a cheap fix.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, OgNewb said:

The voltage regulator in that radio is not very good. It waste a lot of power. Look up voltage reg mod. It is a cheap fix.

Thank you, ordered trhis sucker:

image.png.e7c8841db5a7cee79ecb6a6efb39c6a4.png

Seems to be the Volt regulator needed, quite expensive compared to the regulator currently in the FlySky. This need some very low lvl soldering skills so hopefully i will do OK

21 hours ago, simalarion said:

Thank you, ordered trhis sucker:

image.png.e7c8841db5a7cee79ecb6a6efb39c6a4.png

Seems to be the Volt regulator needed, quite expensive compared to the regulator currently in the FlySky. This need some very low lvl soldering skills so hopefully i will do OK

You bought a $90 part for a $20 remote ?

34 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Currency...about USD12? I also like the idea of fixing and reusing rather than stuff being disposable

Never knew about this issue with FlySky radios though, is it unique to the GT3B or affects them all? I haven't had any issues with my FS i6 or GT2e before

27 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Currency...about USD12? I also like the idea of fixing and reusing rather than stuff being disposable

Never knew about this issue with FlySky radios though, is it unique to the GT3B or affects them all? I haven't had any issues with my FS i6 or GT2e before

Oh okay, that’s better lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

NOK is not $, 60kr is about 4GBP.

Have a cheaper model with Li-po 800 mah, no problems at all with that one ofc.

should have known there would be problems with 8xaa, i will fix this to 3x1860 also..

FE4D48A2-6312-4B26-9762-D6446CFAE850.jpeg