LukeP

Tamiya TGS Nitro Build

So it arrived from eBay (I held my breath as I opened the parcel) but, for what its worth, it doesn't look all that bad. It's very oily which I don't mind, all the seals seem to be intact and no nasty nitro gunge in the tank or pipes (further inspection required) and the compression feels tight. So... with everywhere closed at the moment and no where to get any fuel to try and fire up the old stinker I thought I'd start detailing the new shell, I've gone for the Tamiya Porsche GT3 VIP Cup kit but my intentions are not to replicate the 'box body' instead turn this into a more of an on-road GT3 RS - there are also a few other bits in the goody bag of parts I've ordered too. 

Choosing paint colours online is like flipping a coin so would anyone kindly have any advice as to what Tamiya colour would best match 'Porsche Rivera Blue' (very exotic)? 

Wheels are the next item on the list, however, offset is definitely going to be the biggest factor in getting the right look. I've posted a few images of what I'm thinking these wheels are available in 3mm/6mm/9mm I'm assuming the rears will have a bigger bowl, some more investigation is needed I might need to get the ruler out when the shell is mocked up.

Lastly, the shocks have gone to trifle so I'm looking at some 3 racing oil dampers and maybe some nice ally blue hop-ups to match. I'm a complete novice so any advice is much appreciated!    

IMG_01.jpg

IMG_02.jpg

Porsche GT3 RS.jpg

bbs-china.png

hpi.png

Hi, looks good. Shocks are just friction shocks if its a TGS and not a TGS-R, there is no oil inside. All the expensive parts like the tank and recoil look ok so a great starting point