Busdriver

Ive suprised myself

Just realised the last 3 vehicles I've bought are A:RTR and B: not Tamiya. Just bought a WPL pickup, and before that the ROChobby MB scaler and before that the Losi Raptor. Is there a vaccine for this???

Edited by Busdriver
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Just realised the last 3 vehicles I've bought are A:RTR and B: not Tamiya. Just bought a WPL pickup, and before that the ROChobby MB scaler and before that the Losi Raptor. Is there a vaccine for this???

Have you tried the Tamiya catalouge?, not some PDF but the real thing?. Probably the best cure for this. You can also fill up a glass off whiskey and watch some Matteos Videos on Youtube, if that does not cure you i am sorry to say your a lost cause

• Haha 3

Sorry what’s ARTR and BRTR?

i thought RTR just meant “ready to run”

i see a lot of people on eBay selling their tamiya kits as ARTR - just assumed they meant it was built and had most of the stuff you need to (almost ready to run)

ive noticed tamiya now does some partially built kits to get the younger kids into the hobby (kyosho did this with cars like the NEXXT which came with gear box and shocks already assembled)

JJ

ARTR: Almost ready to run. It's partially derived from the R/C airplane world where an ARF (Almost ready to fly) is a plane that is mostly assembled, but still needs a power system (you can typically choose between electric or gas), servos and radio gear

I've never heard of BRTR: maybe it's a variation of the bind-and-drive/fly models that horizon hobby do where you just need to bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter?

9 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Is there a vaccine for this???

Yes, but it modifies your DNA and includes a tracking chip so Tamiya-san can see if you are playing with non-Tamiya cars

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ooooooooooooooooooh!

he bought something that was a) RTR and b) not tamiya.

sorry it sounded like he was saying that of the 3 things he bought, one was ARTR and one was BRTR - not tamiya. Like he’d been ripped off :(

JJ

18 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

of the 3 things he bought, one was ARTR and one was BRTR 

Almost Ready To Run and Barely Ready To Run

I supposed there could be others - Slightly Ready To Run, Possibly Ready To Run and Barely Worthy Of Sale

So Close To Being Ready To Run would have charged batteries pre-installed but you still have to extend the transmitter antenna

4 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

@Busdriver is saying point A and then point B not ARTR 😉

Thank you!!!!🙄

13 hours ago, simalarion said:

and watch some Matteos Videos on Youtube

His videos are amazing. I tried filming some of my cars with a gopro the same way, by following them alongside, and I realized that guy can run really fast :D.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Problemchild said:

Ooooooooooooooooooh!

he bought something that was a) RTR and b) not tamiya.

sorry it sounded like he was saying that of the 3 things he bought, one was ARTR and one was BRTR - not tamiya. Like he’d been ripped off :(

JJ

For some reason when I typed that it kept coming up with a 😃 instead. I think it’s something to do with the (

I’ve been cheating on miss Tamiya for years now and I’m not ashamed to say it. She is a good solid gal but some times I need to get some real piece of  T and A

0BAFF44C-CE9E-4A88-A2C0-96D146DC25CE_zps

At the same time I was giving it hard to Yoko

EA14CF90-F432-466A-8B53-99B702D06A72_zps

If she isn’t doing it for me I call up my girl Losi

69390CA9-36CF-49AB-86FE-F46E61C54E88_zps

I think you’d be lying if you didn’t admit you’ve dabbled with traxxas girls. She doesn’t even mind a Menage a trois  with others
216AE53C-B302-4AB5-AC23-465A1D15FA40_zps

I ain’t ashamed to admit that I have a thing for HoneyPI too. 
164A47E1-DB31-4BF6-ACF9-6879E32F4DA5_zps

but lately I’ve been down and dirty with Axial

8FC98625-3FD8-4478-9058-F7F3AFD78063_zps

• Haha 2

i have just bought a Durango DEX210 with a brushless combo that I thought was a bargain but parts are hard to come by and not cheap :(

previous owner had hot glued the slipper (lasted 15 seconds on the bench) and was missing some pretty essential parts 

it’s also running a number of non standard parts so it’s a right bodge job

so after about £50 extra it’s just about running - from BRTR to ARTR hahaha

MLOncwP.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Problemchild said:

ARTR is a term though

Very common with rc  boats. Usually means fully built with motor but you add radio gear

A RTR got me back into the hobby a few years ago with a RTR 2wd Slash. 
I never owned a Tamiya kit BITB and raced Koyosho, Yokomo and Associated cars.

I build my first Tamiya this past year. 
I got my wife 1/24 Axial crawler for Christmas so she’d have something to play around with at her desk, and I soon ended up getting myself one as well.

All of that said, I ran a battery back through my Hornet last night to quicken my pulse after driving tiny crawlers for week or two. 
That did the trick