Kelleye

Lockdown Speedrun

5 minutes ago, Kelleye said:
15 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

I can imagine... I bought my boy the traxxas big foot which I think is a stampede... That thing flies out the box... He still prefers his hornet though 😁

Mine is a vintage 1994ish era Chassis with modern brushless gear internals/ output shafts and full ball bearings throughout. Also runnning the Bigfoot wheels. So basically the same Truck as your Son’s ( with a different body ) in fact I was running the Titan XL5 at the time 
So virtually the same truck as him.

Curiousity ? Which Bigfoot did your green t him ? The Classic Bigfoot #1 body or the modern Stadium style Bigfoot? 

Just now, Dakratfink said:

Mine is a vintage 1994ish era Chassis with modern brushless gear internals/ output shafts and full ball bearings throughout. Also runnning the Bigfoot wheels. So basically the same Truck as your Son’s ( with a different body ) in fact I was running the Titan XL5 at the time 
So virtually the same truck as him.

Curiousity ? Which Bigfoot did your green t him ? The Classic Bigfoot #1 body or the modern Stadium style Bigfoot? 

The classic... He is obsessed with monster trucks so loves it.... Must admit it is fun to drive, but I had to buy the aftermarket wheelie bar as the thing just lifts and rips the back end of shell... 

I have just put a 10BL120 with a 5.5t motor into my TT02 and can not wait to do some runs tomorrow, hopefully they wont be so much ice about so I can put down some good times.

Also have the wheelie bar on mine. I’ve since upgraded to a GoolRC brushless system and it is even more bonkers now . If you haven’t already invested in ball bearings kit he ( or you) will get even more enjoyment out of it 

6 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

not sure yet, Ill be moving some motors around. But prob start with top force and db01rrr. Then swp into schumacher kd @Kelleye

You want the speed tuned gear set and a 25 t pinion in your Top Force, with those fitted and a 8.5 t 2 c combo mine is very quick, I don’t have a gps unit to test or I would be all over this like a rash 

30 minutes ago, DayRider said:

I have just put a 10BL120 with a 5.5t motor into my TT02 and can not wait to do some runs tomorrow, hopefully they wont be so much ice about so I can put down some good times.

🤞For weather let us know speed👍

30 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

Also have the wheelie bar on mine. I’ve since upgraded to a GoolRC brushless system and it is even more bonkers now . If you haven’t already invested in ball bearings kit he ( or you) will get even more enjoyment out of it 

He only 6😂... But can't believe how well he drives... The stock RTR bigfoot gives u a 50% option on the esc which I use for him otherwise could be dangerous... 😬.. Agree the thing is bonkers...

39 minutes ago, DayRider said:

I do think the tt02 chassis is one of tamiyas best for speed if u fully modify... I started this chat based on my tt02b which is fully upgraded... Its a cheap entry base model with so much potential... The key is removing the gear cover and buying a fibrelyte brace, gives u so much more pinion options... 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Snappy1 said:

You want the speed tuned gear set and a 25 t pinion in your Top Force, with those fitted and a 8.5 t 2 c combo mine is very quick, I don’t have a gps unit to test or I would be all over this like a rash 

ive got a 3250kv in it now. it moves

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnsllc said:

What is everybody using for speedometers?

I'm still using an old Garmin forerunner. These were pretty much the standard for speedrunning up until a few years ago, most people these days tend to use the skyrc gps or a gopro with racerender. 

I use the same one as @Wooders28, got mine from modelsport. We manage to fit it loose inside most of our body shells/chassis. Not needed to velcro it to outside yet as it is reasonably compact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kelleye said:

I do think the tt02 chassis is one of tamiyas best for speed if u fully modify... I started this chat based on my tt02b which is fully upgraded... Its a cheap entry base model with so much potential... The key is removing the gear cover and buying a fibrelyte brace, gives u so much more pinion options... 

It also has a 68t spear 24t pinion. I have modified the front and rear to make it more stable, as well as modified the suspension. I admit that it is not the norm for speed runs but I bet it will give a few people a run for their money.

14 hours ago, Kelleye said:

Think @stew_mac has managed 70mph on 2s and 116mph on 3s ,with the TT02?

• Like 1

Wow.. That's insane 😁👌👍

8 hours ago, stew_mac said:

Yeah I’m into speed runs. 

I’m currently running a TRF416X on 3s.

CAEA5BFE-C7B7-482F-950B-4EB279068B97.jpeg

On 1/8/2021 at 10:22 PM, Finnsllc said:

Thanks, follow that for my runner shells... 

48 minutes ago, Kelleye said:

Wow.. That's insane 😁👌👍

Here’s a thread on the rocket ship..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kelleye said:

What's your FDR? 

My FRD is 3.310 

My little motor is spinning at 64,000 rpm but my battery is sag is 3.3v per cell. I'm getting some new batteries this week that hopefully give me a few extra volts and amps. 

the little setup pulled 300amps at 4hp! its a little beast.