Kelleye

Lockdown Speedrun

25 minutes ago, Kelleye said:

Really impressive stats from dyna run.. Tbh not heard much about them, but seem like they would out perform a modern superstock, for speed? 

They seem to be largely unknown which is surprising as they are one of the best motors Tamiya made IMHO. I have bought a few more this last year, both second hand and new. Rebuilt them with new rotors and brushes etc. So now have six 'as new' motors in all our top spec buggies.

I've had them in my Avante class buggies since about 2003, they are meant to be a touring car motor but suit the Avante class buggies very well and I've now done a good few hours running on both taramc and grass in my Schumacher Cougar with them and so far no issue, not overheating, long run times, very good acceleration and good top speeds even with low gearing options.

36 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

They seem to be largely unknown which is surprising as they are one of the best motors Tamiya made IMHO. I have bought a few more this last year, both second hand and new. Rebuilt them with new rotors and brushes etc. So now have six 'as new' motors in all our top spec buggies.

I've had them in my Avante class buggies since about 2003, they are meant to be a touring car motor but suit the Avante class buggies very well and I've now done a good few hours running on both taramc and grass in my Schumacher Cougar with them and so far no issue, not overheating, long run times, very good acceleration and good top speeds even with low gearing options.

Very interesting... Do u think they r better than the pink acto power 14t?...ive never used one of them either.. 

22 minutes ago, Kelleye said:

Very interesting... Do u think they r better than the pink acto power 14t?...ive never used one of them either.. 

No idea TBH, not had one of them either but on paper the acto power has more torque but lower rpm. All those Tamiya specs are based on 7.2v so in practise using 8.4v NiCD's or 7.6v LiPo with a Dyna Run Super Touring probably gives similar or better performance? The Dyna Runs have 10% higher rpm and they are not exactly short of torque even on 7.2v. With 8.4v or 7.6v LiPos they rip tyres off rims and twist dogbones. 

I'll be curious to see what top speed I can get with the Cougar with the Dyna Run, I'd probably be happy with 45mph but wouldn't be surprised to see 50mph.

I'd guess with a decent brushless setup and 3S then it would be 60+mph??

9 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

No idea TBH, not had one of them either but on paper the acto power has more torque but lower rpm. All those Tamiya specs are based on 7.2v so in practise using 8.4v NiCD's or 7.6v LiPo with a Dyna Run Super Touring probably gives similar or better performance? The Dyna Runs have 10% higher rpm and they are not exactly short of torque even on 7.2v. With 8.4v or 7.6v LiPos they rip tyres off rims and twist dogbones. 

I'll be curious to see what top speed I can get with the Cougar with the Dyna Run, I'd probably be happy with 45mph but wouldn't be surprised to see 50mph.

Is it a shumacher cougar? 

1 minute ago, Finnsllc said:

yup

I don't think I would want to push a 2wd over 40mph...not with my skills... My opinion anything over 40 should be 4wd

22 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

Oh yeah definitely get a cou

26 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

There is a dyna tour on ebay for £125... 

25 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

Would be a good motor for my current Dynastorm build... Namesake and all, but not paying that 😬... 

11 minutes ago, Kelleye said:

I don't think I would want to push a 2wd over 40mph...not with my skills... My opinion anything over 40 should be 4wd

HA, less to break, but ill be running the two other cars 4wd

35 minutes ago, Kelleye said:

Got my Dt03 running for off road, but on tarmac it will touch 40mph

DSC_1928_compress78.jpg

with what power?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kelleye said:

Hope all r well... Wondering if anyone is into speed runs? ... Just hit PB with Tt02b Dual Ridge... 102kph (64mph) 😁

There's a few!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kelleye said:

Yeah should easily be able to get a MP to 30mph.... I'd wack in an ezrun max 10 brushless combo on 2s...

My brushed Traxxas Stampede hit 29mph on 6200mah 50C 2S. At least according to a Phone GPS speedo app.

8 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

My brushed Traxxas Stampede hit 29mph on 6200mah 50C 2S. At least according to a Phone GPS speedo app.

I can imagine... I bought my boy the traxxas big foot which I think is a stampede... That thing flies out the box... He still prefers his hornet though 😁

2 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

What is everybody using for speedometers?

I use a speedo app on my spare phone... Always check it's accurate on way in my car and its always spot on