Exit13

I need a RE/RE, Audi Quattro Any good?

Wow. This went together quick. And it was fun. Still waiting for my paint to do the body. 

219C8ECE-24E6-4194-BCF1-09AD9FBC62B1.jpeg

• Like 2

I ran my TT02 for the first time today. XiT9KEi.jpg
the aluminum prop shaft came today but the body is not done yet. It was a ton of fun!!

• Like 1

I got some new parts for my build today. Some oil filled shocks and the balls bearings. Perfect timing in the bearings. The car been done for weeks now. 
UIRZcnv.jpg

I got those bearings smashed in there where they belong and now my aluminum prop shaft is matching nicely with these shocks 

dLWQNvD.jpg

I can wait any longer for the black paint to come. I need to finish this body. So I’ll have to tape off the grill and come back for the black. 
X0MF5WE.jpg

• Like 1

I used pearl white for the body. I think problem child suggested it so shout out to him. 
now on to the decals 

AVlCXqY.jpg

• Like 1

Great to read and look at your thread as my next kit will be TT-02 Subaru, i will need to wait for a bit better temp outside, its -13 at the moment, not great for PS paint.

keep up the good work!

26 minutes ago, simalarion said:

Great to read and look at your thread as my next kit will be TT-02 Subaru, i will need to wait for a bit better temp outside, its -13 at the moment, not great for PS paint.

keep up the good work!

Oh was very cold here too. But I can wait no longer. I did a quick coat in the garage which was still way to cold to paint and then brought into the house to dry. Opening and closing door with multiple coats of paint did fill my house with fumes but it was a small price to pay for this! 
pRfWJQq.jpg

• Like 1

«Opening and closing door with multiple coats of paint did fill myhouse with fumes but it was a small price to pay for this»

yeah, tell that to my wife :)

4 minutes ago, simalarion said:

«Opening and closing door with multiple coats of paint did fill myhouse with fumes but it was a small price to pay for this»

59C1C77D-D120-4FAB-8EED-D86B9AA6C58D.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, simalarion said:

This is fun but difficult. Don’t think I can finish tonight 

cznnzN9.jpg

• Like 2

This is as far as I can get tonight. 
LFDxJei.jpgI think it looks good with the vintage crowd for sure

3Cw02pP.jpg

• Like 1

Ok I’m winding down. All is done but the rally block tires that are still somewhere in shipping and some black paint. All else is done. I hope you like is half as much as I do

yMSPvX6.jpg

mVWQJjr.jpg

z9YMn3W.jpg

cvQ6Prz.jpg

• Like 6

Looks Amazing!, Cant wait to start on my TT-02 Subaru Rally Mica blue now ( Will try to find 98->early 2000 editions).

edit: waiting for Summertime

I got those rally blocks installed today and the Tamiya torque tuned motor. 
MxpTjsb.jpg

• Like 2

This car is sick both on and off road. I don’t know why I’ve stayed away from Rally Cars until now. This car is too fun on the icey snow. I can’t wait to run it on the grass and dirt 

qwlM1YK.jpg
15 or 17 Turn motor is going to be next. 

• Like 4

Just Love the look of that old legend Rally Car, Amazing last picture with sunset in backround!, looks real.

Got to have one of those rally kits when it get a bit hotter outside (so i can spraypaint)

Just a quick update for those who don’t know, I couldn’t live without the Vintage Audi too  but there is a place in my Heart for both  the 58036 is sweet!!4ghytvH.jpgH2Z9afT.jpg

• Like 2

Ah good, you found the Mark Bryan tutorials on YouTube. I did the same thing and gained enough ground clearance to run on shorter grass using taller rally tires. Follow @Raman36’s advice on the mods. I’ve got nearly $300 into my TT02, and it still is kind of a handful to control. Look into the Yeah Racing dampers on Amazon. Under $30 for a car’s worth, and brings good tuning options to the chassis. Use stick lipos and you’ll run for a good 30-45 minutes.

Edit: I just noticed how old this thread is, sorry for the lateness. I don’t feel tardy.

18 hours ago, BelknapCrater said:

Ah good, you found the Mark Bryan tutorials on YouTube. I did the same thing and gained enough ground clearance to run on shorter grass using taller rally tires. Follow @Raman36’s advice on the mods. I’ve got nearly $300 into my TT02, and it still is kind of a handful to control. Look into the Yeah Racing dampers on Amazon. Under $30 for a car’s worth, and brings good tuning options to the chassis. Use stick lipos and you’ll run for a good 30-45 minutes.

Edit: I just noticed how old this thread is, sorry for the lateness. I don’t feel tardy.

All good. Happy to keep working the TT02 thanks 

I just wanted everyone to know I’m still enjoying my TT02

JuhtsAR.jpg

it’s not everyday that I get to run the rally car in the snow. You need some rain on top and then freezing temps. Then it’s perfect for RC action 

• Like 8