Sign in to follow this  
GTodd

RC10T2 Re-build

Good Afternoon all! I've spent 6 months looking for a Dyna Storm, TRF5xx, and Juggernauts to rebuild. Nothing. After completing my Rc10 Worlds I've been open to RC10s as a project. 

One day surfing the local classifieds I found a complete RC10T2 for $80.  As usually the chassis is beat up but I have an easy fix! 

Here is where we are starting. 

A scratched up gen2 black pan. Near impossible to find NOS. 

PXL_20210109_033337574.jpg

• Like 1

First update, chassis refinished! I used a product called duracoat. It's meant for firearms. The process is to spray the product on the chassis after it's been thoroughly cleaned.  After application you bake in the over at 350 degrees for 15 min. I did the same for my world's chassis. Works FANTASTIC!

PXL_20210109_152654427.jpg

• Like 5

Time to fix the nose plate, before:

bykd3gR.jpg

Fresh out of the oven

Still shows its battle scars, I love this!!!!

0mHN2D7.jpg

• Like 1

Fromt end taking shape! ONly thing purchased were the ball end dust covers, this chassis is near mint!!! I scored! The shock tower is made out of fibeglass and is THICK. Only reason to go graphite woild be for looks. Seeing how this is a truggy and will be covered by the body, meh the fiberglass is highly effecive and will stay. 

07eYe0x.jpg

• Like 1

And begining to look lke the legend again!!! That rake, this is whe RC10s handle so well!!!!!

7ERJ6Aa.jpg

• Like 3

Lovely!  T2 was my first hobby grade rc.  Outfitted wirh a Novak Hammer Pro esc, Reedy 17T motor, and Airtronics radio gear.  Sold it for peanuts at one point, sadly.  Yours looks good!

So cool you restore your T2! This was my first proper offroad car in my teens. I still have it and restored it in 2009. It is a shelfqueen now, but I am tempted to drive it anytime I see it.

I will follow this thread with great interest :)

Sorr Iy for the delay I had to order CVDs, nose tubes, and turnbuckles and I've been enjoying the build! Ive taken pictures along the way ut Ive been lazy posting, here we go!!!!! 

Firstly I want to highlight that licjlly this RC10T2 came with the aftermarket RPM Rod ends, they are still painful but better than miniscule torture devices that come with the RC10s stock!

They cleaned up nicely too, this truck has few miles on it. 

FiqEloP.jpg

Steering set up, servo saver cranked alllllllll the way down as recomended by the team drivers now and then. 

mWEzWNA.jpg

Front End done!!!!

Next the stealth, Ive lucked out twice now!!!!! My Worlds car that I completed last year was perfect, this one is too. Inside looks just about new, AND I got the team version with all ball bearings and teflon shocks!. I had bought a stealth ball differential when I got the Worlds car last year, not knowing there were different sizes!!!! It was too big for the Worlds car, drop in here!!!! One new diff and then I re-assembled. Apologies cant find that pic.

60sZofJ.jpg

dBeHEh4.jpg

The motor guard needed to be touched up too, looks great!

AUjw8WL.jpg

Following along with the instructions it was time to assemble the rear bulkkead/shocktower/body monts. The shock towers are ~4MM fibreglass, graphite is prettier, but not needed.  Cleaned and ready to assemble.

QEIbbzY.jpg

Together again!

yA3x64X.jpg

Ready to be a module again (per AEs manual, goofy name)

QE0jb4G.jpg

Very Tidy!!!! Looking goooooooooooooooooooooood.

FAB8Jsq.jpg

• Like 2

Welp my phone died last week and I mustve had sync turned off, sorry. Missed the shock part.  I cleaned up the shocks, added new seals, and used 35 weight shock oil in all 4 corners. They feel very good!!!!! And heres how we now sit. Shocks on! Almost there. Im currently soaking the wheels in order to try and save them, order a body (thank you JConcepts), ordered a servo, and debating on running a Reedy Brushless that i Have in the Worlds or stick with the Novak/Reedy Stock motor that it cam with. 

2xHKTAa.jpg

FuioLfN.jpg

• Like 5