maryn

58001 Porsche 935 prototype build. need inspiration and smart people

Hello all!
As some of you know I am building the 58001 Porsche 935 prototype.
First of all, I just want to share this with you but unfortunately I am currently not getting any further with the controls.
I've tried everything but I keep coming up with things that are not right.
Of course that is possible because it is the prototype but I still want it to be correct and often it works better with the help of other people

The car that matters is this one! On the right!

694175394_1510154098_605138746245460_358858668_n.jpg.db8e4b29d65149ae8b18629ba0204548.jpg

I already have a topic about the construction of this car on tamiyabase and I would like you to have a look at it.

https://tamiyabase.com/forum/17-identifications/20457-tamiya-58001-porsche-rsr-prototype-info-wanted?start=0

It would be great if someone has an idea on how to steer the front wheels I have really tried everything but I can't figure it out. I will continue with my story later because it is late and I would like to go to bed now.

In the meantime my head is overflowing and I need a little rest I think :D

Thanks for watching and see you later!

On 1/11/2021 at 2:32 AM, Toolmaker72 said:

Can you give a better picture of how the front wheel is attached?

dit you get it?

i can make photos for you

I think it is pretty clear with img 4 & 5 on this page as to how the steering works. 

https://tamiyabase.com/tamiya-models/58001

And how the servo attaches and moves. 

https://tamiyabase.com/?option=com_joodb&view=article&joobase=21&id=1&Itemid=1063

I can see how it works but pretty sure someone smarter than me can put it into words/drawings. 

I can see a couple of ways of doing it.

My question to you is, do you want it how the original one was?

The prototype chassis doesn't have much in common with the chassis of 58001 and the way the steering servo was connected seems to be similar to how it was done on 58005, 58006, 58008 and 58009. 

As for the speed control, the one in 58001 has two steps only, the lowest step with 2 sets of 2 cells in series, which are then connected in parallel. The highest step has all 4 cells connected in series. No voltage reducing resistors used. This means that the speed control of 58001 wasn't suitable for batteries with all cells already connected in series. Simply put, 4 single cells were required.  The speed control of the prototype is obviously of a completely different design, as indicated by the resistor wires mounted in front of the switch itself. This would, at least in theory, allow for multiple different steps.

With regard to body, Tamiya hadn't yet manufactured the molds for the Porsche 934 (neither the RC-, nor the static version) at the time the prototype was made and tested. If I recall correctly, Tamiya used the body of a tin toy Datsun 240Z  for the prototype.

So, the question is whether you want to replicate the prototype car OR 58001, the Porsche 934, as they don't have much in common.

58009 • Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 (CS) • (Funkgesteuertes  Modellarchiv) • RCScrapyard. 58008 • Tamiya Lamborghini Countach LP500S (CS) • (Funkgesteuertes  Modellarchiv) • RCScrapyard.

Tamiya CS (Competition Special) Chassis • (Funkgesteuertes Modellarchiv) •  RCScrapyard.

• Like 1