Alexei

short reversible suspensions arms

my TT-02S with the wheels i want to use is bit too wide for the Tamiya bodyshell i want to run. found out Tamiya makes a short version of the suspension arms.

i cant really find out the length of the short version, so have anyone here used the short version on one of their cars? how much shorter are they?

the version included with the TT-02S is item number 51297, and short version i found is item number 53928, if that matters.

I think 51297 might be "short" anyway (short became the new standard when it was released I think). Even so the difference between the short arms and the old arms is not much, maybe only a mm or so.

Thinner hex might be an option.

I've done exactly this - fitted short arms to a TT-02S. The 53928 arms are as stated only 1mm shorter than the kit supplied ones, but for me it was just enough.

The difference between those arms are minimal. 

what body and wheels are you trying to run? 

i want to run the Tamiya Toyota Supra body shell with either HPI +3mm offset wheels, or Yokomo +4mm offset wheels. it is mainly just that i like the wheel designs they offer.

i have used +4mm offset wheels on a TT-01D with the Tamiya Toyota Supra, and it was a perfect fit. didnt think the arms would make this difference when i bought my TT-02S.

here is some photos of the TT-01D i had. the wheels is Yokomo Volk GT-7, with 4mm offset.

Maj-hjemme-tr-f1-108.jpg

Maj-hjemme-tr-f1-109.jpg

Maj-hjemme-tr-f1-120.jpg

was going to do this again, just with the TT-02S. even if the short arms are only 1mm shorter, i will take what i can get. if all fails, i can get some other wheels with less offset, but there isnt much i like.