wintersdawn

Holiday Buggy - painting the bodyshell

On 1/11/2021 at 11:35 PM, wintersdawn said:

IMG_5255.JPG

Wait!, this look better then i expected, a buggy chassis with  the Nimh in the midle like that it looks very balanced (same lid as in my agrios i can see), how is it to drive?.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simalarion said:

Wait!, this look better then i expected, a buggy chassis with  the Nimh in the midle like that it looks very balanced (same lid as in my agrios i can see), how is it to drive?.

The DT02 chassis is my favourite, so easy to put the battery in and out and very stable when running, haven't managed to roll my other DT02 yet (Nissan Titan).

• Like 1

Definitley understated but looks good.  I know what you mean about decals, I usually spend a considerable amount of time getting them perfect & straight.  I usually use a very fine Xacto knife blade to place them and take a few looks to make sure it's straight before pressing it down.  

These have really wide front tracks, found someone on Thingiverse that makes shorter front arms, might print those and give them a try.  I like the wide rear track, but the front is a little much. 

• Like 1

All finished, just put the driver in.  Looks ok I think but now I need another lockdown project! 

Really spread it out to make it last, took me 1 week and a day.  In reality some could probably have down it in less than half a day, apart from waiting for the paint to dry.

IMG_5337.JPG

Put in a 540 motor instead of the included 380 and fitted the recommended Tamiya upgraded suspension instead of the blue friction dampers.

IMG_5330.JPG

This is my fourth build since last August.  Previous ones were Rising Fighter, Sand Viper and Monster Beetle.  All sold on Ebay as rolling chassis and pretty much covered the kit cost.

IMG_5338.JPG

10 minutes ago, Ministrone said:

That looks quite mean without the stripes.

Yeah, it started when I dyed the wheels black and then did the roof and jerry can's to match.  After that I couldn't brighten it up with any of the light blue or yellow stripes as they just wouldn't fit in.  Gives it more of a serious look.

8 minutes ago, Ministrone said:

More of a bad trip than a holiday 😀

Yeah and without any decals it looked more like a hearse! 

The last three builds I did box-art so this made a change.

• Like 1

Looks great, I like the finished product.  Agreed on  leaving off the stripes, wouldn't really fit in with your color scheme.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 87lc2 said:

Looks great, I like the finished product.  Agreed on  leaving off the stripes, wouldn't really fit in with your color scheme.

Thanks, have a good build with yours.  Going to do box art?  Hope you find some wheels you like.

Thanks.  Not sure yet, haven't even opened the box yet...too many projects.  I'll post in here when it's done.  Thanks again for posting, really like what you did. 

• Like 1