Sign in to follow this  
Clodbusterfan

Should I keep foam inserts in the Clod tires or not?

I have these tires and wheels:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconcepts- ... 7b/p542022

https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconcepts- ... 4?v=542021

Should I run these tires with foam in them or without foam? And should I glue these tires to the wheels or not? I am jumping them off of a little 6 inch speed bump in a parking lot. With the stock tires I have on my Clod I have no inserts and it jumps well and the tires are not glued to the wheels. What should I do?

Your links haven't formed correctly - what are the tyres you have ordered, and if there was a compound option, which compound did you choose?

My guess is, if the tyres were supplied with foam, they will probably want the foam in them for general running.  They might not hold up under the weight of the Clod when hitting the ramp or landing - but you can always try it and see.

Also you can try running without glue, but you might have to add some anyway.  Tamiya tyres tend to be very stiff and don't come off the wheels very easily (although the hubs can spin if they get wet), but racier tyres are a softer compound and they come off the rims easier.  The worst thing that will happen is your tyres will come off and your truck will fall over, but it's a Clod, I'm guessing it's already fallen over a few times, right?

Actually, the worst thing that can happen is the tyre will spin off when you accelerate and roll off down the road on its own.  You'll see it heading towards the highway so you'll run as fast as you can, but you won't be able to catch it.  A driver will see the tyre running into the road and in a panic they'll swerve, hit the verge and demolish a freshly dug den full of baby Greater Cutesy Brown Voles which are #1 on the endangered species list, and someone from the wildlife preservation centre will have to come out and rescue them and take them to a rehabilitation unit until they're well enough to be reintroduced into the wild.  Meanwhile, as you're walking dejectedly back to your house with the survival of the entire species of Greater Cutesy Brown Vole on your mind, someone driving along will see your tyre-less Clod sitting abandoned at the roadside and they'll stop their car to steal it.  Your neighbour will be reversing out of his driveway and not see the stopped car in the street, they'll reverse into it and dent the rear panel on their vintage roadster and they'll spend so long sorting out the insurance details with the would-be thief that they'll miss the charity violin recital that they were on their way to see.

But let's not catastrophise here, it might not happen.

• Like 2