Clodbusterfan

Foam inserts on a re release Clod or not?

I  have these tires and wheels going on a rerelease super clod:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconcepts- ... 7b/p542022

https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconcepts- ... 4?v=542021

Should I run these tires with foam in them or without foam? And should I glue these tires to the wheels or not? I am jumping them off of a little 6 inch speed bump in a parking lot. With the stock tires I have on my Clod I have no inserts and it jumps well and the tires are not glued to the wheels. What should I do?

• Like 1

As long as the JConcepts tires are Gold compound you dont need to run foams (for Blue compond you so, the sidewall is too soft to support itself w/o foams).  If you are running the stock Clod shocks then keep the foams out, this will allow the tire to act as part of the suspension like the stock tires.  If you upgrade to oil dampers you can run the foams as they will do the damping.  

On stock Clod shocks w/o foams I like to drill bigger or more air holes in the wheels which makes the truck soak up landings even better.  It takes a bit of experimenting on what will work best but it helps. 

As far as gluing, if you're running stock motors no need to glue.  I just run thick rubber bands on the wheel beads and this provides enough friction for the tire to grip the wheel without spinning.  If running hotter motors or 3s+ power you'll need to glue.  I use E6000 adhesive on all of my JConepts Clod wheels/tires.  It holds great and the tire will just peel off the wheel when you need to remove so you can re-use.  I never use super glue or CA glue except on very high powered on-road stuff, it's just not necessary and basically marries that tire/wheel set for good...

• Thanks 1

Ok so my stock tires are running fine on stock wheels without glue. And I have brushless Hobbywing 4000kv motors on the Clod. Should I try with my Gold Firestorms without glue? Or would partial glue work say 4 different spots around the tires?

Are you sure the wheels are not spinning inside the tires?  Without any method of adhesion and dual brushless in a Clod I'd be surprised if they weren't.   I do the 3-4 spots of glue on some of mine, if it comes loose just glue the entire bead.

Sure, that will work.  You can really drill them anywhere you want, the air will find it's way out of whatever holes you drill one way or another.  As far as glue, just use enough to keep them from spinning or coming off.  I usually start with 3-4 spots on the inner and outer wheel and if that breaks loose I just do the whole bead.  If you use E6000 or Shoo Goo it doesn't really matter as you can just peel them off later.  If using super glue or CA glue then 3-4 spots on each bead will be fine, they wont come off.