Toolmaker72

Brush on paint for polycarbonate

Just wondering if someone can point me in a direction to purchase a small pot of black brush on paint suitable for a polycarbonate body.   Just want to black out the window areas before spraying the whole body.

thanks in advance 😊

Rob

yeah thre is brush paint for lexan or u can shake well and spray a bit into a cup and dip your brush if its just detail

9 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

yeah thre is brush paint for lexan or u can shake well and spray a bit into a cup and dip your brush if its just detail

It’s to black out the window area on a Kyosho optima mid body.  You could buy little pots of it 30 years ago.   Now I can’t find any other than spray cans 🤔

3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Sadly Tamiya stopped selling the little PC series pots of paint a few years ago.

Are there any other manufacturers that sell brush on black available in the U.K.?

I cant think of any. In the past I have used Citadel or Humbrol model acrylics for small areas before spraying with PS paint behind but it isnt that flexible so probably wouldnt use it on large areas that may flex in use

11 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Faskolor by Parma works great and is cheap.  :)

Yes, and any of the other paints sold for airbrushing onto polycarbonate should be fine for brushing. I use Hobbynox paint (which is made by Createx).

Although there are other ways of blacking out windows. Normally I'd mask them first, and then spray them after I have done the main body colour (and backed the main body colour to make it opaque so that the black doesn't show through).

I thought buy a pot of paint made for brushing on polycarbonate would be as easy as buying any other type of model paint.  😕

masking and spraying it is then.