Charles M

Presentation of Charles

Hello to everybody, Happy New year and best wishes in RC.  

Link of my topic

TAMIYA Humvee M1025  : French Hummer as Crawler

I'm Charles from North of France, (near Belgium border). I don't know if i need to make a presentation but i will explain here why I'm here.

I'm from 1986, and around 10/11 years old. At Christmas i will ask to santa some Lego Technic big set, and my Brother (8 years older than me), as Tamiya Fan explain to me RC is more Fun. 

I've listen him, and he found my first model : a Dyna Storm from  a windows showase of a closing rc local shop. Already mount with a motor on it. And all start for me about RC !

With years, i've choose to spend some Birthday and Christmas into it. Next model was a KIT Subaru Impreza 97' with the TA03F , so great stuff to mount a model. 

And i follow with some other "iconic" model : Juggernaut, never heard about the fragile gear ( no internet community ).

After a intership as a young dealer assistant into another Rc Shop,i work on holidays and saturdays. I spend lot of money & time in my TA04 Pro chassis, with lot of Hop Up, and good electronic product as Novak and Futaba.

I make some race in local club as amateur. That so great to run these model on carpet. Good memories when at the end my model was well setup as easy to drive. 

Some other model come to my collection, I've bought ( between 2000-2005 ) a  2nd hand Dyna Blaster, to take some spare parts for my Dyna Storm. Finally i discover few parts are common. 

And after, that i've bought a Dyna Storm NIB, mount it and make it run with caution. ( before crazy price ) 

After that, i grow up and i spend less time in RC, to continue bigger on 1:1 scale car and need more time to high school and my engineer university (Electricity). Keep all my model at my family house. 

Now after some ( lot of ) years, my nephew  "Ed" have recevied a Tamiya RC Model : Racing Fighter. ( son of my Brother ) and his cousin "Amb." recevied for communion a Neo Fighter. 

Me and my brother don't resist to buy again 20 years after a Kit ( 2 others Racing Fighter ) to plan to run with children with same models. 

In parallele I am in the process of rebuild / replace parts and clean. The Clean Dyna Storm became a Shelf queen and my first Dyna Storm still a Runner.

I've upgrade my Juggernaut with 2000 gears and bearing with Amb ( he love to mount/dismount model)

Bought in may 2020 a TRF414M (my teenager dream) for my Birthday, and planned to run.  

And now i've start to make on the Dyna Blaster a restoration that he deserved. 

Thanks to read this presentation. 

Sincerly yours 

Charles

• Like 13

This thread is useless without pictures :P

Great to have you here!

I also have a TA04 that I used to race - good to see someone else liked & races them! They don’t get much limelight 

AB01C2E1-5D04-4128-88EB-8A185E05917E.thumb.jpeg.05c7a662513ac992ef22d8ed2ceffe31.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, wtcc5 said:

This thread is useless without pictures :P

Great to have you here!

That comming

20180326112751-ef597053-me.jpg

First Dyna Storm on the Left, Shelf Queen on middle, and New Generation on the Right. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Charles M said:

That comming

20180326112751-ef597053-me.jpg

First Dyna Storm on the Left, Shelf Queen on middle, and New Generation on the Right. 

Beautiful cars ;). 

Some boxes

20180326112918-221a8b96-me.jpg20180326112930-068c0e92-me.jpg

I forgot to mention my Ford Aeromax, I've bought to another Closing RC Shop for very fair price

20180326113007-0aeced25-me.jpg

• Like 3

For now, i still use NiMH Battery and Brushes motor. 

I don't want to invest some money in Lipo and Brushless. (I leave RC when Brushless are comming into RC World) 

In 2019/2020, i take my nephews and my brother to RC trainning in Belgium ( 20'  from our city ) to run on friday night on indoor carpet  with my car ( TA04 Pro for my side and TA03F for kids ) 

I've offer to my niece "Gar" a TL01. when i get the model, that a great Nissan Skyline GTR R34 "Red" Calsonic , and a Subaru Impreza without sticker. 

I get the Subaru Body with protective film to put some MCI Racing decal on it to make a revival of my first car. 

20200216162453-d8a6582e-me.jpg

My First Bodyshell of Subaru was not in good shape after some cutting for a Traxxas TMaxx ! 

Place to the new bodyshell. 

20210112000404-4dcdb1f3-me.jpg

20210112000352-a6fa22ee-me.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

I also have a TA04 that I used to race - good to see someone else liked & races them! They don’t get much limelight 

AB01C2E1-5D04-4128-88EB-8A185E05917E.thumb.jpeg.05c7a662513ac992ef22d8ed2ceffe31.jpeg

Nice one, with some great hop up !  Very rigid chassis

Hi Charles, welcome and wow, what a great first Tamiya. The Dyna Storm is a fantastic buggy! :wub:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Charles M said:

I need to open a new topic for each of my model or i need one global topic ?

You decide. If you want a blog form where you post your R/C life, then one thread it is. If you work on your cars installing hop ups and driving and making them faster/awesome, then make threads in the vintage/builds/etc. sections. This way they are better to find for guys who seek info or inspiration.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club Charles, nice to read your RC history and really good to hear that the younger generation are enjoying it too.  The Racing Fighter is a really fun car, I'm sure you'll all enjoy racing together :) 

• Like 1

Hi Charles & welcome. Great introduction. You did well to keep you 1st RC car & even better to bring younger family to the hobby to enjoy together.

• Like 1

Welcome Charles.

Great introduction, glad to read that the younger generation will go on in RC world.

Was searching myself for a member presentation main topic.

I know where to do it now, thanks!

I'll do mine soon...

Charles-Antoine

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

Welcome to the club Charles, nice to read your RC history and really good to hear that the younger generation are enjoying it too.  The Racing Fighter is a really fun car, I'm sure you'll all enjoy racing together :) 

So great to make trainning race (without lap counter) with all same car : (May 2020)

20210112120906-97016b4f-me.jpg

DT03 is very strong, cheap and reliable chassis. 

Orange : "ed" son of my brother

Blue : me

Green : "Max" my brother

Neo F. 1 : "Amb" my other nephew

Neo F. 2 : "Ant" an neighbourg that started again ( First Monster Beetle for him 20 years ago ) 

Lot of fun for everybody. 

• Like 4

That grid looks awesome :) I'm looking out of my window at the rain, all the RC tracks in England are closed for at least two more months, and I wish I was there in the sunshine racing my Racing Fighter too :D

1 minute ago, Mad Ax said:

That grid looks awesome :) I'm looking out of my window at the rain, all the RC tracks in England are closed for at least two more months, and I wish I was there in the sunshine racing my Racing Fighter too :D

In the north of France, that not better, and we are close to another Lockdown ... 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Charles M said:

In the north of France we are close to another Lockdown ... 

Finger crossed Charles, for now only estern part is concerned (well, a UK variant has been dicovered in... Marseille).

We'll see on Thursday...

With the first lockdown in France ( March to May 2020 ). I will take the time to run outside , across the street, I've got a big place ( high school  behind is close) .

My runner a this time is a  Peugeot 206 WRC on TA03FS chassis. Great running. 

20210112162143-69e3b8b3-me.jpg

Firstly  i've print some cone with my 3D printer to create a track. Without track is easy to drive anywhere, in any direction, but with a track we are in condition to improve our reaction. ( Blue / Orange cone )

After that, i take the time to implement a Lap counter ( with some tuto with IR detection ) to count how many lap i can reach into 5' run. 

20210112161144-f83fb80c-me.jpg20210112161138-6a7b37d0-me.jpg20210112161122-2e8fc3e3-me.jpg

• Like 2

The Peugeot 206 WRC on TA03F-Short ( 237mm wheelbase) is very fun to drive into close turn.  

About the Lap Counter it's only regonize  a blink from IR Signal. Maybe i will improve it to put more car on the track.  No Transponder, just a IR LED on the side of the car. That enought to create some challenge. 

I've bought recently a Gravel Hound in 2nd Hand with Steering link broken. 

It's not for me, it for my goddaugter. I've already  offer to her a TL01 as a beginner, but with all cousin with DT03, that not much fun to run. DF02 with 4X4 is much better i think. 

The Gravel Hound is an XB version, that better to correct mounting and well equiped , Ball bearing for transmission ( except wheels hub ) 

I've printed with 3D printer some missing/broken part. I've replace the Super Stock Motor TZ by a Silver Can.