Mad Ax

Garden ramp build

Good work with the ramps and great you got Small Ax involved too!

How wide and tall are your ramps? Are the double my little plastic one? 

Shame about the TXT-1but looking forward to reading more words / seeing more pics!

EDIT: got the width and length from a previous post. Should be able to work out the height :ph34r:

• Like 1

Nice work! A few things I was thinking as I read this

Tabs and tent pegs are probably a really good way to stick them into grass so they don't move.

You should start (or finish) with the slide.

• Like 1

@Nikko85 they are heavy enough to sit on the grass without moving - I think some plastic ramps on tarmac might move around but these don't.  I expect I could go full speed into the side and break a truck before I move the ramp :o

I have them a try on the concrete out the back too and they didn't slide around at all.

Speaking of slides - I have tried but I don't have a single vehicle that can make it up.  Even the scalers with their super-sticky rubber can't get up.  Actually the best attempt so far was the G6-01 with 6 wheels of traction, with stickier tyres and additive they might just about do it.

I would begin with an off-the-slide starting point but the monster trucks are too wide.  We keep thinking about changing the slide as it has that awful drop at the bottom (I don't know why it doesn't run flat into the ground) - if I could get one wide enough for a monster to run down I would make it the starting point of my monster truck challenge track :)

10 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

We keep thinking about changing the slide as it has that awful drop at the bottom (I don't know why it doesn't run flat into the ground) 

So you can put a crash mat at the bottom. Or a paddling pool in summer.

Since when did slides need crash mats?!

6 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

So you can put a crash mat at the bottom. Or a paddling pool in summer.

Since when did slides need crash mats?!

Crash mats??  We use to go up 20 foot climbing frames above a hard wooden floor with a mat the thickness of a healthy piece of gammon!

The slide wouldn't need a crash mat if it went flat into the ground like a proper slide.  In allowing a space for a crash mat they have necessitated the requirement for a crash mat.

• Haha 1