Sign in to follow this  
Fabia130vRS

Hot Peppers Topic hot 🌶 🫑

So let me see what you guys like, and how you do it.

I would like to hear from our people over the world what kind of meals they do with hot peppers.

I am a big fan myself, my parents gave that on to me just a couple of years ago when we had our first own grown peppers.

here is my choice for growing next year, havent really cooked anything with them, but I am dying to, if somebody could give some pointers on whats are the names of some nice hot meals to cook I would appricite it very very much, especially south america.

so my idea is to grow in 2021 a small project, will try to have as many as possible plants, but idea is 5 of every kind, but would go up to 10-12 rather.

1. Carolina reaper, by the guinness book the hoottest on earth.

tried once a little tiny bit, had 6hours of mouth burning. (I honestly believe to be this the best for cooking as you can use a little)

gzeNn0Z.jpg

2. Sangria, got them from a friend, they are like small bushes, once red they are naughty and eaiting them alone 1-3 a meal should do it. Very happy about those, 2cm long

iRrHIQy.jpg

3. Corkscrew from Russia, just curious will they really grow that long, look deliciousc dark red color. Good for winter season preservings.

u54poWK.jpg

4. Capsicum annum Koral, never heard of them, or dont know how else they are called, but I like to make a salad mixed up with cherry tomatoes :D

klPSCCH.jpg

5. Capsicum annum Mirasol, this one I have already for 5 years and I like them a lot, green they are very nice to eat, read are naughty but for a pro not a problem to eat 1 hole.

6255_21.jpg

what about you guys, and tips and trick of someone with a green thumb?

• Like 1

I can't help with the growing or the cooking but I hope you have some fun and make some tasty meals :)

I used to enjoy a spicy chilli but my vintage internals can't handle high combustion temps, so I stick with simple mild sauces like Frank's.  I'm sure I had a really nice one not long ago but I can't remember what it was called.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

I can't help with the growing or the cooking but I hope you have some fun and make some tasty meals :)

I used to enjoy a spicy chilli but my vintage internals can't handle high combustion temps, so I stick with simple mild sauces like Frank's.  I'm sure I had a really nice one not long ago but I can't remember what it was called.

I guess its up to how much you want to. Idk I could be allergic to this stuff, but still would eat it. The carolina reaper is really a weapon more then vegetable 🌶. On some scale heat measures its tree times more hot then pepper spray :blink: literally a square 2,5mm bit of it in a toast salami sendvic reminds you in the morning as a bad hangover. Sorry for that comparison, just not recommended to eat as is. 
other fact is, I happend to hold it cut up, the inside burns skin. Seems to be good for spraying against pests.

that said, only with red meat or garlic and tomatoe sauced in pasta for example. Too easy, was thinking more about beans and filled paprika bells with lots of sauce. And sweet potatoes not to forget. :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

ha ha i know how you feel i used to be able to get down hot stuff but like you my middle aged interior aint what it used to be pus with "IBS"  it not a good idea to go down that root any more a simple bombay bad boy pot noodle kills me know a days

18 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I guess its up to how much you want to. Idk I could be allergic to this stuff, but still would eat it. The carolina reaper is really a weapon more then vegetable 🌶. On some scale heat measures its tree times more hot then pepper spray :blink: literally a square 2,5mm bit of it in a toast salami sendvic reminds you in the morning as a bad hangover. Sorry for that comparison, just not recommended to eat as is. 
other fact is, I happend to hold it cut up, the inside burns skin. Seems to be good for spraying against pests.

that said, only with red meat or garlic and tomatoe sauced in pasta for example. Too easy, was thinking more about beans and filled paprika bells with lots of sauce. And sweet potatoes not to forget. :D

i though the ghost chilly was suposed to be the baddest boy on the block

what i would say is watch the original series of man vrs food with adam rickman as he did a fair amount of challenges with bad *** chillies and he explaines about them also 

normally the extract is more dangerous than the chilly itself

40 minutes ago, topforcein said:

ha ha i know how you feel i used to be able to get down hot stuff but like you my middle aged interior aint what it used to be pus with "IBS"  it not a good idea to go down that root any more a simple bombay bad boy pot noodle kills me know a days

yes, I've had IBS all my life but used to be able to handle spicy stuff provided I wasn't going out anywhere the next day.  However I reached a point when anything more spicy than Frank's, Tabasco, Encona etc was liable to put me in a lot of pain for several hours and leave me housebound for at least a day.

Around a decade ago, Aldi or Lidl had a special pizza called an Inferno which had some kind of sliced peppers on top.  I used to eat a lot of pizzas with jalapenos so I thought I'd give it a try.  It probably wouldn't scare a genuine hothead, but it was too much for me.

After two slices I had to scrape the peppers off, I managed to get through the rest of the pizza but the pain started 10 hours later and was so bad I didn't get out of bad for a day, just standing up was unbearable.

I spoke to a few other people who'd tried the same pizza and they found it too hot to handle also - I guess it wasn't just a normal spicy pizza but some special try-it-if-you-dare pizza.

At my previous job there were a few hotheads, they did a big order from Dr Burnorium's Pain Emporium for some crazy spicy things.  I had half a spicy peanut and spent the rest of the afternoon giggling like I'd consumed an illegal substance, I clearly have no tolerance for mind-altering chemicals :lol: