Sign in to follow this  
Clodbusterfan

What shocks for my new Clod?

Have not tried any of these yet but here are a few I am considering for my super clod buster.

Official tamiya hop up. (100mm?)
https://www.plazajapan.com/4950344544721/

Yeah racing 100mm in red or blue. 
https://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-aluminum-tr-xb-100mm-big-bore-shocks-for-traxxas-1-10-slash-stampede-bandit-arrma-rc-blue-trsl-017bu-00103404

• Like 1

Traxxas T-Maxx XX-Long shocks work well - plastic bodied, oil filled, rebuildable (never really had to in my experience) and whilst not as cheap as they were years ago, you can get a set of 4 for around £30-35

• Like 1

This is what a guy said about these shock mounts:

In the normal orientation of the shock the bottom of the shock pivots front to back which follows the motion of the suspension and allows maximum flexibility. The mounts posted will turn the bottom of the shock 90 degree so that it will pivot left to right. There will still be some front to back pivot but not nearly as much. In certain situations this will introduce bind. Especially if the mounts are coupled with an extended wheelbase which will exacerbate the issue.

The Tamiya hop-up shocks (while expensive) work well.  My stock Bullhead used to rattle and bounce around while I drove it and annoyed the crap out of me.  It was like trying to hold a chubby toddler on a leash.  I installed these dampers and a servo-on-axle steering kit and now it seems like a proper model.  

It jumps and lands with as much grace as one would expect from such a chunky behemoth.  I have the spring retainers backed out all the way and Tamiya #450 damper oil, lands with nary a bounce and continues on to plunder the next obstacle in it's path.

Bullhead1.jpg

• Like 1