Sign in to follow this  
snollan

Posting ranks.

Hey Chris instead of "starting poster" and "poster" what if we broke our forum ranks into: Grasshopper, Hoshot, Wild Willy, Bruiser, Sand Scorcher, and Martini Porsche?

Cool Idea - i like it a loot but I am not sure if everyone would 'get it' - worth a try anyway

Anyone else have any ideas on what the cars should be, we have the following levels of poster to cover

starter 0+ posts

new 10+

Junior 50+

Average 200+

Senior 500+

Advanced 1000+

Acccording to my scales this would make you a 'Striker', sean logo_member2.gif

Here's a list:

starter 0+ posts = Grasshopper

new 10+ = Falcon

Junior 50+ = Hotshot

Average 200+ = Avante

Senior 500+ = Sand Scorcher

Advanced 1000+ Porsche RSR 934

Just a guess

logo_member2.gif

Theo, or the fact that someone has the time to put 5000 posts in.... maybe they need to remember what outside looks like.....

Like the new ratings though Chris!

id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

wah! how long does it take to graduate from a falcon. I hoping to be a frog

Jim

logo_member2.gif

The ranking is just meant to be a fun way to get across how much of a nut your are [in terms of posting things to the forums, that is]

Chris

logo_member2.gif

Now of course I will posting many silly comments until I'm a Hotshot. Then when I reach 200, you will not hear of me again icon_smile_big.gif

quote:

Here's a list:

starter 0+ posts = Grasshopper

new 10+ = Falcon

Junior 50+ = Hotshot

Average 200+ = Avante

Senior 500+ = Sand Scorcher

Advanced 1000+ Porsche RSR 934

Just a guess

id=quote>id=quote>

I like a Sand Scorcher more than a Porsche 934 RSR, so what do I do now? (I can't just shut up after 500 posts) icon_smile_clown.gif )

I like such a system anyway.... icon_smile.gif It's only a bit strange these are all buggies except for the highest ranking (Porsche)... I thought the Sand Scorcher was 'the car of cars'... (of course your opinion can differ, maybe you like Sonic Fighters more... icon_smile.gif )

But we got to watch out not getting things too competative (everyone will post all silly things just to become whatever car... icon_smile_dead.gif ) But I don't think that will become the biggest problem ever.... icon_smile_wink.gif I also don't think there's anyone that doesn't understand this system, you can look at the stars too... (maybe we should place these next to the usernames in the 'showroom' page? just an idea...)

Sjoerd

I love Sand Scorchers, but I don't have one... Please help this poor collector...icon_smile.gifid=size1>

Is it just me or has the, Grasshopper, Falcon, Hotshot thing just disappeared[V]

After discussion with several members of the site, its been decided to do away with the ranking system and also stop showing the exact number of posts for those with over 100, as it was felt to be bringing a bit of a 'competitive' edge to the board.

As I've said before its not really the number of posts that count its the quality of them. This new system still allows you to see who are regular users of the system.

Cheers

Chris

Chris I agree with you. It seemed that a number of people were making posts just so their post count would would reach a certain level. I think we are better off with out them.

Jim.

since you've now done away with the old ranking can we have the choice in our profile to to put a name under our user name like Grasshopper, Hoshot, Wild Willy, Bruiser, Sand Scorcher, and Martini Porsche or what ever the user want to put ?

quote:Originally posted by ShenUK

can we have the choice in our profile to to put a name under our user name like Grasshopper, Hotshot, Wild Willy, Bruiser, Sand Scorcher, and Martini Porsche or what ever the user want to put ?

id="quote">id="quote">

Boy I really can't decide on a name that would fit me. Just the other day my Wife found a Monster Beetle and wanted me to kill it. Shes scared of those Blitzer type beetles. After I killed it she said I was her Blazing Star. I said oh yeah, Have I ever showed you my Wild Willy, she said Wild Willy, Wild dagger, Wild one, it's all the same you little Bush Devil you. My wife doesn't mind my R/C hobby just as long as I keep the house projects up. Yesterday I was digging up some weeds and dirt thrashing. I felt like the terra conquerer after I got the yard done. She loves me a lot but she can't stand my Blackfoot shoes that keep leaving scuff marks on the kitchen floor

At work people think of me as the Big Wig. My manager said I was the Top Force behind that Juggernaut of a project. It feels good to know she trusts me with those Hotshot projects. I am really a Mad bull when it comes to my staff. I'm sure they wish they could Vanquish me.

Jim

Top work Jim, [:D]

But can't believe you missed out the olde FAVourite.[;)]

Surprised you didn't kick the ball around in the back yard, i heard you could of been a professional Striker ![:o)]

And you didn't beat up the hedge hog either? i thought you were a Sonic Fighter. LMAO

..cunning as a Fox, but still running in circles like Boomerang...

..saving pennies by taking a Lunch Box to work, while practicing to be a Super Champ...

..and still finding time to advise children on not keeping fireworks in thier school uniform pockets in case the end up with Balzing Blazers...[groan]

[?] In stead of having the normal post count with a maximum of 100, can we have the stars back maybe, without the exact post count written under them? [:)] Just a thought.

[?] And for the names under the usernames: does it really have to be a car? You can always let ourselves make a subtitle. [|)] Then you can pick a car, or something else as well. (Else everyone will have Sand Scorcher or Hi-lux written under their names... [;)] )

I hope you find time to look into it. [:D] Then the next thing will be avatars in case you want to know... [:P] LOL

Sjoerd

why?

The number of posts is just not important. It is the quality.

If I can work out how to link the number of stars to the general quality of the comments posted, then maybe [;)]

The stars only is better than the 100+ count if you ask me.... [|)]

You were saying that with the 100+ count, you can see who is a regular user here on the boards. The same thing goes for the stars, only difference is that you've got 5 ranks in stead of 2 (below and above 100). If you really want to look at the post counts that bad you can find them anyway now... [;)] It's just a little more hidden in the user-profile... [:D]

[?] What about my second thought about the "sub-titles"? [:)]

Sjoerd