MadInventor

So what am I going to do with this ????

I've got 2 half finished projects kicking around at the moment, without a huge amount of enthusiasm for either, so I thought I see if anyone can come up with any ideas that spark my enthusiasm to finish them.

First up, is this trailer chassis I've made. I originally had idea of using as water tanker, or possibly a flat bed big enough to carry a TXT-1. It's 300mm wide, and 730mm long including the tow bar, so quite substantial. 

With the thought that it would have to carry a lot weight, I made my own custom wheel hubs that use 16x8 skateboard bearings. The stub axles the hubs run on are 8mm steel with M6 lock nuts for wheel nuts. The wheels are thick wall aluminium wheels I made myself.

SAM_2458.jpg

The chassis is 16mm steel box section TIG welded together:

SAM_2460.jpg

This is the trailer as it is now. I used a good quality track rod end for the tow hitch (4mm tow pin). It has an adjustable height tow bar and walking beam suspension. The walking beams pivot on custom brass bushes.

SAM_2973.jpg

SAM_2974.jpg

The rear end has another tow hitch to tow something else behind it, and also holes for LED indicators, lights, and brake lights. The tow hitch can be unscrewed and has several height positions.

SAM_2976.jpg

SAM_2977.jpg

I had originally thought to tow it behind the skidder, but it might be a bit long for that.

SAM_2494.jpg

SAM_2493.jpg

I did think about adding it to the War Rig as a transporter flatbed for a FAV, but I think that thing is already long enough........

The other thing is my 6x6 chassis with the walking beams.

This was it after I finished the front axle

SAM_2306.jpg

but I wasn't happy with the ground clearance at the front end. The axle was very wide to match the rear walking beams, but did not have proportionally good ground clearance.

SAM_2304.jpg

So this is the state it is now:

SAM_2978.jpg

SAM_2969.jpg

SAM_2970.jpg

SAM_2972.jpg

and I really don't know where to go with it from here.....

• Like 1

Looks like the 6WD needs portals up front to give comparable clearance to the walking beams at the rear. 

• Like 1

If I had access to your workshop I'd be making the SS-50 ICBM Launcher from Spies Like Us. At least I would while making grand plans on the back of a beer mat. The reality might be different.