Sign in to follow this  
Pumesta

t3-01 gearbox issues

Got a Dancing Rider for Christmas :)  Today was the first day I could actually give it a good shakedown after building it.  There is something amiss in the gearbox.  As soon as it encounters any form of resistance the wheels stop and you can hear the gearbox spinning.

I have stripped the gearbox and rebuilt it numerous times.  Removed the hop up diff and motor so the thing is totally standard again and still no joy

Ive no experience of these myself but surely if youve changed the diff it can only be a gear slipping on a shaft somewhere. Have you checked the pinion grub and that all the cross pins are in the gears / wheel hubs etc? Ive had them slip out before and not noticed.

Did you fit the shaft MA8 in the diff? I forgot this the first time I assembled the gearbox, but realised before I tried to run it. So I don't know if the symptoms are the same.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

Arent the stock driveshafts plastic and two piece?  Possibly something there and that is why the diff replacement didn't help?

Bingo.  The driveshafts glue together, I must have done a poor job of it. I re-glued them and all seams well at present  If it happens again time to get out the epoxy

• Like 1