netsmithUK

Password Resets Updated

Some of you might know there was an ongoing problem for some users with password resets on the main site. Im pretty sure this was down certain email systems (mainly hotmail, outlook/live.com I think) deciding that we were a spam server. It was inconsistant so sometimes they would let emails through and sometimes they wouldn't. Tried all sorts and couldn't get it resolved 100%.

Yesterday I just finished moving ALL the mail sent from the main site over to Amazons mail services. As you can appreciate this was no small job, but I got it to a point where I was confident enough in my testing to release it last night.

So if you have had problems resetting your password on the main site in the past you might want to give it another go this morning.

NB: This is the password reset for the main tamiyaclub.com site. Your password in the forum and the process to reset that will remain unchanged. I am looking at trying to unify the two though at some point.

• Like 3

Why would the main site and the forum require different logins/passwords?

Its historic. I wrote all the code for the main sitefrom scratch years before the forum existed. Rather than write a forum from scratch I pay for a service. Main site is all Microsoft, forum is independant code base and database that runs on PHP. Its not a small job to get them talking to each other in a secure way. I do revisit it from time to time.

This is great. For me another problem is the Reset Password button, I think it should be in another color and located under Login button. I accidentally reset my password so many times in the past.

1 hour ago, Blissard said:

This is great. For me another problem is the Reset Password button, I think it should be in another color and located under Login button. I accidentally reset my password so many times in the past.

We generally follow standard UI guidelines so the button is ''Warning' red and also to the left of the default options. Also clicking it does not reset your password. \following the inswtructions thqt you get in the enail that results actually resets it. So, if you click in error just ignore the email thqt arrives

Just tried to reset my p/w for the main site and I keep getting an error.

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Old topic, but when i try to login to the main site, i cant, when i goto reset my password it tells me, that im not registtered there, and get the below error

1306510663_CleanShot2023-02-04at14_41.19@2x.thumb.png.879a85b10b8c029c34bcbafaa4412029.png

i  tried to log a ticket with the help system? never heard from that

How do i go about getting back into the main page so i can update my models etc ? 

thanks

On 2/4/2023 at 4:41 AM, rotor said:

Old topic, but when i try to login to the main site, i cant, when i goto reset my password it tells me, that im not registtered there, and get the below error

1306510663_CleanShot2023-02-04at14_41.19@2x.thumb.png.879a85b10b8c029c34bcbafaa4412029.png

i  tried to log a ticket with the help system? never heard from that

How do i go about getting back into the main page so i can update my models etc ? 

thanks

Think you are now sorted yes?