nowinaminute

Have you guys seen this hopped up TT-01 clone?

It comes with everything except the electronics according to the advert. It has the gears etc.

This is what one of the reviewers received. No idea what the quality is like. Could be anywhere from terrible to decent but most of the reviews seem favourable. 

Not my cup of tea either way but it seemed like it might be a good deal for someone who's into bling. Costs less than buying the parts individually.

Ua6805a1a0f6e4693814e052eac787db7s.jpg

Can someone explain aluminum suspension arms to me? They seem to be a very popular item as I see them on sale everywhere, but I don't see how putting heavier, more brittle suspension components on an RC car can be a benefit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Can someone explain aluminum suspension arms to me? They seem to be a very popular item as I see them on sale everywhere, but I don't see how putting heavier, more brittle suspension components on an RC car can be a benefit.

Because blue

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I did that on my first RC. A TT01, with rally block tires and rally suspension mod. I added aluminium lower and uper arms to the rear, made it more stable also slop was removed.

My buddy had a TB04 with aluminium arms as ugly as it is we did speed runs, the extra weight near the axles has helped.

so... I do not own any alu arms, but if I get a tt01 again I would do it again, can the tr02 fit reversible arms?

I have seen these for sale for a while now. At first I also thought they were conversion kits, and TBH I would still treat them as such. The carbon and alloy appear okay, but I would still use as many genuine Tamiya plastic parts as possible as they are generally of better quality than clone plastics in my experience.

The top arms don't look like they are adjusting, so a pointless purchase.