Sign in to follow this  
Gazzalene

Advice needed, overseas shipping

I need a bit of advice please.

I need to buy a couple of PCB`s from China. So very small, cost is apx £15 for parts.

I am in no rush at all and defo do not need priority service.

I have several options DHL £13 and £11, FedEx £8  and good old royal mail air mail at £3 but slowest. Does anyone have and info/tips on best choice? I am don't think I will get hit with VAT defo will get handling costs. Just wondered if the RM at £3 is as likely to arrive trouble free as the couriers, RM in the UK seems bad at moment ? 

At that price shouldn't get any charges, my latest delivery from Japan was £30 and no charges, the one previous was £60 and got charges on that, I think £15 is under the limit from what I remember.

As regards postage the pack I got was taken in at Langley Heathrow 0730 on the 13th and delivered to me 1000 on the 14th so the UK side seems pretty good, I do look after the postie though as he's pretty good and brings all the stuff to my side door for me!

I normally use the standard air registered from Japan which is a middling service and price, I would presume that £3 postage is potentially surface mail and may take some time, shipping if that's how it comes appears to be massively delayed, most of our containers at work seem to have a 3 -4 week delay on loading and unloading currently.

I'd be tempted to go with an £8 FedEx charge currently it sits middle of the road for me!

Nick

I was tempted to go with the RM option, Was hoping that the handling charge would not be charged this end? Never had the option before to choose RM and got hit with £8-£12 handling by RM, if i go with RM from the start perhaps i will not get hit with handling?

The vendor says that tax/vat is taken at their end so seems to be following rules?