Exit13

Using a HTRC DUO charger w/ NiHM

I bought this used on eBay. It didn’t come with battery connection wires so I got some 4mm banana connectors and made up my own. How does this look?  Either this thing is broken or I am too dumb to figure it out or I have it hooked up wrong. Either way I can’t figure it so please help. All I can do is select NiMH and toggle the amps from 2.0-10.0?  Now what?

5815CEE3-5A8D-4632-9C08-B59F95E04171.jpeg

Ah ha!!  Hold start down for two seconds. So question answered however I’d still like to know 2-10 a setting. What should I be choosing?

image.jpg

you have to press and hold start once you select the nimh programme, 

then when i think it says something like run programme, press and hold the start button again and it will start to charge

2 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Usually you use 1c rate ie: 3 amps for a 3000mah pack

Did I miss something that said 1c rate?

1 hour ago, Exit13 said:

Did I miss something that said 1c rate?

Most batteries (and clubs where I race) say charging is capped at 1C. I always charge at 1C anyway as its generally accepted as safe for the gear and not going to cause problems,  even though some of my batteries can handle upto 5C. Its probably safe charging at 2C but who knows. I don't actually know what would happen if you charge a NiMH too fast.

Where is this 1C to 5c setting?  I’m not seeing that 

1 hour ago, Exit13 said:

Where is this 1C to 5c setting?  I’m not seeing that 

It's not a setting you just base it on the amp hour capacity of the pack.

For example: 3000mah = 3ah so charge at 3 amps. A 6700mah pack is 6.7ah so charge at 6.7 amps and so on.

• Like 1

You should have a menu ( select / scroll ) button . You scroll through the menu to find battery type NiMh ,and mah= 3000mah in your case  , amp rate 30000mah=3A as said by nowinaminute , when you get to amp rate it should be flashing , you then select using 2 buttons up / down to select amp rate , then press and hold to start . There may be a max charge time - timer on there too and a max voltage option .