rwordenjr

2021 RERE'S OF INTEREST OR NAH ?

Only a month in and this year is going to be big for rere pickups. I'm going to be getting the fire dragon, fighter buggy rx memorial, mardave cobra evo, and if rumors are true, the hotshot 2. The other rumored rere this year is the Egress but I don't want that.  Any of these cars interest you guys? If so, which will you be getting up?

Would like to get a HSII if it appears, but will depend on the price. If tamiya are in 'gouge' mode and it's much expensive than the hotshot then I won't bother. Plus I'm trying to sell a reconditioned Super Sabre, so that purchase doesn't really make sense. But I did really like the HSII back in the 80s so might treat myself. Everything that I'd be interested in from Tamiya has been re-released already. 

PS Kyosho, Still waiting on the Optima Mid ...............

Just now, wolfdogstinkus said:

I want the clodbuster on the SW01 chassis.

Ooh, nice choice.

1 minute ago, mtbkym01 said:

Have I missed something? HS2?

Not confirmed. Just a wild rumour I think...

• Like 2

Think I'll grab a fire dragon and finish it up as a thundershot, probably sell the dragon body on ebay. Another GF01 or WR02 comical would be fun if it comes along.

42 minutes ago, isomer1 said:

Think I'll grab a fire dragon and finish it up as a thundershot, probably sell the dragon body on ebay. Another GF01 or WR02 comical would be fun if it comes along.

I too may get terra scorcher and then fire dragon body since terra better than the fire 

30 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

I too may get terra scorcher and then fire dragon body since terra better than the fire 

Not really, not the rere.....

I thinks it's better to save the cash and buy the dragon for £139, the extras in the terra kit are not worth it imo. 

3 minutes ago, taffer said:

Not really, not the rere.....

I thinks it's better to save the cash and buy the dragon for £139, the extras in the terra kit are not worth it imo. 

You think ? And where you seeing 139? I was seeing 160 +

16 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

You think ? And where you seeing 139? I was seeing 160 +

Fusion hobbies

Minus £10 for no ESC, then 10% off for being a TC member

17 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

What exactly extras do the terra have ? 

CVD's, not really suitable for the chassis, ok for the front but not the rear.

Ball bearings, all metal shielded, better to buy a mixed set of rubber and metal.

Adjuster upper arms no longer blue and end up bending, I put the solid arms on my terra instead.

Rear anti roll bar, doesn't add anything for normal bashing around, I think it's better without.

New motor mount plate, new fire dragon has the same plate, it's not as good as original, no numbers stamped on it, I'll be using the original style ones.

Unless you want a different colour I think the body of fire dragon is better this time being pre cut and painted!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, taffer said:

CVD's, not really suitable for the chassis, ok for the front but not the rear.

Ball bearings, all metal shielded, better to buy a mixed set of rubber and metal.

Adjuster upper arms no longer blue and end up bending, I put the solid arms on my terra instead.

Rear anti roll bar, doesn't add anything for normal bashing around, I think it's better without.

New motor mount plate, new fire dragon has the same plate, it's not as good as original, no numbers stamped on it, I'll be using the original style ones.

Agree 100%

Also you can get good quality 3rd party upper camber turnbuckles and steering turnbuckles readily enough off eBay. Not specifically for Thundershot chassis but you can get close enough lengths that the difference can be fixed within the range of adjustment.

My thundershot uses aftermarket steering turnbuckles and vintage Terra Scorcher camber links.

The kit bearings are no better than many cheap junk bearings off eBay. Better to spend money on quality bearings and aftermarket hop ups and get the cheaper Fire Dragon kit IMHO.

• Like 1

I would like to see the Egress re-released if only to get some much need spares for our Avante2001 and Egress buggies. I don't really need any new Tamiya buggies as we already have too many and it would be a bit greedy as we have five Avante class buggies already.... LOL

4 hours ago, MadInventor said:

PS Kyosho, Still waiting on the Optima Mid ...........

Exactly! I was hoping to hear some news about it this year...

I'd like someone to make different 50mm wheels for my Ultima and tires to go with it.

Would love and Egress if I get the chance to snag one.  I've been saving my pennies for a high-end kit since the last Turbo Optima in stock at my LHS got away.  An Avante re-re was next on my list of must-have's.. but I'll gladly spring for an Egress over that as it is a more capable runner.  Even though I don't plan on running any of my RC's in anger much, I still would prefer one with more actual chops.

I thought of grabbing a Fire Dragon since I missed a chance at a runner Terra Scorcher (I blinked). The Terra Scorcher was a pretty good deal. If the Fire Dragon winds up being pricey like the Vanquish, I'll let that idea go. Like many others, I'm anxious to see some sort of Optima Mid. Tamiya would have to do something really special to reel me back in at this point (like King Cab) because 2rd and 3rd re-releases aren't doing it for me and they've re-re'd a lot of what I wanted.

Who knows what's happening this year? In reality we would be treated to some of this year hot news at the beginning of February with the Nuremberg toy fair but that like many other things has gone by the wayside😥 But IF it turns out to be true about the hotshot 2 and it's an easy one to roll out then I'm probably up for that one? I do get a bit miffed about keep on re-releasing cars over and over again they should just have a general production until like schumacher has done (hopefully)  when sales fade away stop production instead of doing small batches then stopping production! you just end up with ridiculous price hikes like what is happening now and tamiya should concentrate on the production of a good spare parts back up?. I wonder if the hotshot 2 does make an appearance if it will come in a silver box like the original?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

I do get a bit miffed about keep on re-releasing cars over and over again 

This. But to be fair I can also see how people who missed out on for instance the Egress the first and second time it was re released are eager to get one without having to pawn their kidneys to. So I don't want to be too negative towards a re re re release. Ideally all re releases should have production runs now and again so we'd avoid the whole ebay spectacle. 

I tought the Terra Scorcher and Vanquish were brilliant re re choices, hopefully we'll get something equally exciting ths year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Who knows what's happening this year? In reality we would be treated to some of this year hot news at the beginning of February with the Nuremberg toy fair but that like many other things has gone by the wayside😥 But IF it turns out to be true about the hotshot 2 and it's an easy one to roll out then I'm probably up for that one? I do get a bit miffed about keep on re-releasing cars over and over again they should just have a general production until like schumacher has done (hopefully)  when sales fade away stop production instead of doing small batches then stopping production! you just end up with ridiculous price hikes like what is happening now and tamiya should concentrate on the production of a good spare parts back up?. I wonder if the hotshot 2 does make an appearance if it will come in a silver box like the original?

If they do release it I shall stock up on d parts, the parts unique to the HSII. Assuming there are any available of course............

• Like 1

Flagging myself as an imbecile here, but; -what's the difference between the Hotshot and Hotshot 2?