VWguy

Super Sabre revival many questions.

Hello. So I have just unearthed my old super Sabre to revive with my son and I’m in need of some guidance. It has been a long time since touching any rc cars so I’m reaching out. 

I need guidance with electronics and upgrades along with battery and charger. I would like to go with nimh  batt and not lipo. 

car is all stock at the moment and needs the Front shock fixed. It’s the mount that the shock end bolts to that is broken. I’m having issues finding that part. 

See Picture if broken shock. . please excuse its dirty state. 

thank you for all the help. Hopefully the Sabre will live again soon and bring more enjoyment to another generation. 

CDBEC14B-6DAC-4385-9957-48C90648F307.jpeg

I just went thru this as I unearthed 5 of my old Tamiya’s. I was told here to buy (and I did) a hobby wing 1060 electronic speed control, fly sky GT3C radio and a HTRC duo charger along with some new NiMH batteries. Everything is going along real smooth with everything except some broken cars. Good luck with your repairs. I’m still trying to figure out where is the best place to get parts. 

1st up BIN the tranny and get a modern one (under £40 for a decent one have a look at Absima - may be worth changing to a wheel if you can manage it its worth it) and a modern speed controller. No interreference, more range more precision, more power and fully controllable.

I may have the front suspension part you need drop me a PM (to remind me as kids in bed so cant go up and look now) and will have a look in my parts bin/store.

These( Super Sabre) are now rare and not been re-released YOU may want to consider buying a used re-re boomerang etc and restore yours as the older plastic is not up to what we tend to do today (esp if you give it to the kids as they will find a tree or kerb to re design the buggy) This is exactly what happened to my Midnight Pumpkin and Thundershot, both are now on shelves along with about 18 others that have joined them..........welcome to the slippery slope.

I have since done several builds with my sons now and we have a fleet of bashers.