sansoora

Battery Charger Recommendation

Dear Community,

I would appreciate some advice. 

Having seemingly ruined five or six Lipos in the past, I have used resorted to using a bunch of NIMH batteries which I purchased around eight years ago. Now that these have started to have started to come to the end of their usable life, I am thinking about giving Lipos another go.

At present, I have a 'Pro Peak (yellow)' Nimh charger and an 'Etronix Power Pal' Lipo charger. I find the Etronix horribly fiddly and inconsistent.

I am a casual user and require an idiot proof charger that could charge ALL of my batteries (that doesn't cost the earth). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

If starting out again, back in the hobby apx a year I would go with a ISDT charger with specs that suit. I still look every so often to upgrade to ISDT.

I would recommend an IMAX B6 charger. I'm using mine for minimum 10 years now and have had no problems, except for a defect power supply.

• Like 1

The HTRC C240 is an inexpensive dual charger that works well. I got one from Banggood a year ago now and it has worked great. SkyRC D100 is also amgood option but more expensive. If you don't want a dual charger then they make them in a single version too, the only issue with the SkyRC S60 is its limited to 4S lipo (thats usually plenty) but the balance plug is also smaller as a result, so I had to cut one down.

A decent charger can make a big difference to battery life and condition, and often over looked with regards to priorities.

Buy from a reputable RC outlet, NOT eBay or Amazon!

You'll be looking for a full LCD display, full function, multi chemistry (charge anything charger)

The Imax b6 was the goto charger years ago, but because of that, it's been cloned to death.

Skyrc do make some good chargers, and the E680, is similar to the B6, but with upto an 8amp output (8000mah battery).

You're looking around the £40 Mark for the charger, then obviously charge bags to go with the lipos.

On 1/19/2021 at 12:20 AM, Aerobert said:

I would recommend an IMAX B6 charger. I'm using mine for minimum 10 years now and have had no problems, except for a defect power supply.

^^^This! 

I've had mine since 2014. Still works like new with no problems. Although I'm using a 30A power supply on mine. It's very cheap too. Got mine for $50 + $20 for the 30A power supply.