Kelleye

Dn01 Zahhak

I'm quite liking the Dn01 chassis, ball diff seemed to take some breaking in 🤔 lots going on with body decals😬.... 

DSC_1960_compress80.jpg

DSC_1959_compress74.jpg

• Like 3

They are great chassis even though older still very capable. Can still get plenty upgrades for it as well! 

Not going crazy with this one... Was thinking 15.5t tamiya brushless set up... And keep as standard..? 

12 minutes ago, Seanster43 said:

They are great chassis even though older still very capable. Can still get plenty upgrades for it as well! 

Thanks for reply... Have you had one of these and what t pinion did you use on the stock spur?... I tested it tonight but only had a 27t for the stock 48pitch and acceleration was slow... 

There’s a few build threads on here worth a nosey a few guys have converted there’s to a TRF spec, I’ve got a TRF201 still working in getting a few bits for it as was a basher that needed some tlc. What motor are you running?

I was planning on leaving this kit standard as I think it's good enough out the box performance wise... Not really decided on motor yet, but was contemplating sticking with a full tamiya brushless set up... I tested it tonight with an old 2700kv smd brushless set up... Was smooth but slow on acceleration... Thinking that might have been down to gearing though as I only had a 27t pinion to hand 

@Kelleye Great buggy. I have 3. one is pretty much a trf201. Get the slipper correct and its a fun kit. Im running 3250 kv brushless. Fast enough. However i did melt diff once. 

I have a zahhak and trf201, they’re okay but the steering is really lacking. You don’t notice it much until you go to track and run. Pretty good basher though 

I find the steering okay, but both my trf’s have had the alloy steering kit so not sure if that’s made a difference. They are quite light at the front. 

12 hours ago, Seanster43 said:

I find the steering okay, but both my trf’s have had the alloy steering kit so not sure if that’s made a difference. They are quite light at the front. 

I mean the sharpness of the steering. The DT03 for example is miles ahead in steering.