Sign in to follow this  
Chris_dp

Motor and ESC help DB-01

Hi everyone, 

I currently building a DB01 Durga, but as of yet I haven't bought a motor and esc for it. I'm really struggling with picking the right motor and esc for this one, I wanted something like a 10.5t combi but I'm also aware of the size limitation on this car. Is it worth getting a sensored motor for this? I was looking for something quick but that's not going to kill the car. 

Would anyone be able to link me some suggestions? UK based ideally.

I have a double slipper clutch which I will be fitting as part of the build.

Thanks in advance!

I would get a sensored system, and that car coukd handle a reasonably low turn motor if you want. I would look at 8.5T or 10.5T though, and gear it properly.

This is always a good option and has plenty of headroom for any motor you choose

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-10bl120-sensored/rc-car-products/425021

As for motor, my current preferred brand is Surpass. I have the Surpass Rocket V4S or V5R in a few of my race cars, but the older models are fantastic bang for buck. Banggood sell them for about US35 and they would be perfect for bashing.

Any motor will be fine though if you're not racing, buy your preferred brand of sensored motor

These can take quite hot motors if built right. I’ve got a 10.5 sensored in mine but it can go much quicker. Just make sure the diffs are tighter than the slipper :)

I kike the Turnigy Trackstar brushless combos. Nice range of KV chices. I have 5 of them and they are nice