rwordenjr

Jan 24th, 2021 Release Schedule Coming

Excellent stuff! I've decided to be unabashedly hopeful and optimistic so I'm really excited to see the unveiling of the Avante 2001 and Nissan King Cab re-re on the 24th! 

• Like 1

They need to give us that 959 & Blazing Blazer to make up for a thoroughly miserable 12 months. :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I couldn't agree more. I'm so glad we've decided on this, @Wandy! And I'm sure Tamiya is glad we've sorted it for them as well, saved them a ton of meetings debating the next re-re's. I'm off to a meeting now, so I'd appreciate it if you'd let them know what we've agreed on. Cheers!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

I couldn't agree more. I'm so glad we've decided on this, @Wandy! And I'm sure Tamiya is glad we've sorted it for them as well, saved them a ton of meetings debating the next re-re's. I'm off to a meeting now, so I'd appreciate it if you'd let them know what we've agreed on. Cheers!

The trouble is I have been "deciding" on this for the last 10 years or so and somehow they didnt get the memo. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

The trouble is I have been "deciding" on this for the last 10 years or so and somehow they didnt get the memo. :lol:

This is post-Brexit, anything can happen! 

• Like 1

Have they ever made an announcement before the announcement like this? I don't recall any. Usually something leaks, but I don't think I've ever seen this kind of "Tune in for an exciting announcement!" thing from Tamiya before. One would assume that it's something bigger than three more TT02 kits and a Purple Special Hornet...

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, markbt73 said:

Have they ever made an announcement before the announcement like this? I don't recall any. Usually something leaks, but I don't think I've ever seen this kind of "Tune in for an exciting announcement!" thing from Tamiya before. One would assume that it's something bigger than three more TT02 kits and a Purple Special Hornet...

Fingers crossed this isn't simply hype to try to get viewers as the Toy Fair was covid-cancelled. 

1 hour ago, markbt73 said:

I wouldn't get too excited. It's likely to be a way of drumming up hype with the lack of an actual venue to showcase their stuff.

1 hour ago, Rb4276 said:

Be Prepared  for disappointment

Tamiya branded face masks.............

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

Tamiya branded face masks.............

Cant wait to see what comical they are releasing. 

• Haha 1

Maybe the Nova Fox will return. Oh wait, didn't they do that already? I was away from the computer for a second and it probably got discontinued again already.

Hold your breath fellow Tamiya lovers. This is TamiyaUSA, not Tamiya Japan. 

Im fairly confident their announcement will be a regurge of what we already know from TamiyaBlog.  

I hope I’m wrong because I’ve been severely disappointed with TamiyaUSA in the past 2 years. 

51 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Hold your breath fellow Tamiya lovers. This is TamiyaUSA, not Tamiya Japan. 

Im fairly confident their announcement will be a regurge of what we already know from TamiyaBlog.  

I hope I’m wrong because I’ve been severely disappointed with TamiyaUSA in the past 2 years. 

It’s the real deal. The link I provided gets you to this link. 

https://www.tamiya.com/japan/featuredreleases_early2021.html

I'm assuming whole hog here.  Hilux, Monster Racer, Jugg2!  Will be let down otherwise 😉

Too bad it's 11 pm pacific.  Means 2 am for me.  Set an alarm?

I'm getting so excited about the all new Tamiya race spec buggy chassis to compete with Associated, Schumacher, X-Ray etc with all new rugged suspension using modern materials instead of cr*p cheap plastic.....

damned, just woke up.......it'll be the blue with pink spotted grasshoper* :D 

* celebrating the race colours of some random unknown driver that nobody has actually ever heard of who won one race in 1992......

• Like 1

I can't wait for this announcement tomorrow morning (7am UK). I have just pre-ordered an Egress from a fairly big Tamiya outlet, so they are either chancing it or they have good information that it's going to be released in the morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collin said:

One hour to go. Pizza is eaten, two beer left. :D

Get more beers, it’s 12 hrs away 😂

7 minutes ago, tim04 said:

I can't wait for this announcement tomorrow morning (7am UK). I have just pre-ordered an Egress from a fairly big Tamiya outlet, so they are either chancing it or they have good information that it's going to be released in the morning.

The Egress is for sure coming, it’s been confirmed. The question is, what else.