Tamico Admin

Shipping to the UK after Brexit

Hello Tamiyaclub friends.

This is very important for our UK based customers. 

After Brexit, the UK isn´t member of the European Union anymore. 

And this makes it hard for us to ship to the UK at the moment. Especially smaller orders under an amount of 135 GBP without VAT.

So, at the moment UK based customers can´t order via the shop system.

At the moment, we are working on a solution for more comfortable shipping to the UK.

Here you will find all the information you need to keep up to date with the current status for shipping to the UK.

https://tamico.de/Shipping

• Like 3

I bought nearly all of my kits from Tamico as they were often the best price and did great weekly offers. Unfortunately because of Brexit supporters the customs charges/import duties will now make ordering from the EU less attractive and I imagine for goods over £135 non viable. These are indeed sad times. :( Having ordered from Non EU countries in the past, I’m well aware how inept our customs and postal services are, inflated charges for processing orders and ‘misplacing’ packages altogether, not updating the customs status once charges are paid so the packages get sent back.. The Brexit promise of having more money in your pocket will be kind of true though... because you can’t justify spending it anymore! 

ive given up ordering from EU......you better off banging your head againest a brick wall

Hi,

Has there been any progress yet with respect to being able to send items to the UK ?

I'm after a couple of hard to find low value items and was wondering if you are able to ship small value items to the UK yet ?

Have you seen this thread in the general section? I’m pretty sure Tamico decided to stick with a minimum order value for uk buyers just above the £135 customs threshold, because then they don’t need to bother registering with UK  HMRC, as vat  and customs gear applied at the border. That means they don’t sell to the Uk unless your order is over the £135 limit. 

Hi guys, to be clear on this, when placing an order that is over the minimum order cost of £135 with Tamico.de, do we then have to pay Vat and import charges etc. when it arrives in the UK or not? Cheers

Tamico removes german VAT when shipping outside EU. When importing to the UK you have to pay VAT and maybe import charges. If it gets through without these it's just luck.

• Like 1

Ah I see, thanks @Aerobert, that's a no to ordering from Tamico then, as the import fees could be seriously hefty!

On 10/7/2021 at 11:23 AM, Aerobert said:

Tamico removes german VAT when shipping outside EU. When importing to the UK you have to pay VAT and maybe import charges. If it gets through without these it's just luck.

Tamico have recently added a cheaper 'Royal Mail' shipping option which I used for an order placed on Monday. My previous order in June used the DHL option and got hit with VAT, Import Duty and Fees, but this latest delivery arrived today with no additional charges. It probably is pot luck, but cheaper shipping, 48 hour delivery and no additional charges feels sa-weeet B)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Tamico have recently added a cheaper 'Royal Mail' shipping option which I used for an order placed on Monday. My previous order in June used the DHL option and got hit with VAT, Import Duty and Fees, but this latest delivery arrived today with no additional charges. It probably is pot luck, but cheaper shipping, 48 hour delivery and no additional charges feels sa-weeet B)

Had two ordera from tamico recently both using Royal Mail option and both without duty 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toyolien said:

Had two ordera from tamico recently both using Royal Mail option and both without duty 😉

Nice! Let's hope it's an ongoing trend ;)

7 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Nice! Let's hope it's an ongoing trend ;)

+1!:)

Currently have a Kyosho Fantom (gold edition) in my Tamico basket.

€240 including Royal Mail shipping.

If that’s all I’ll pay, it’s a bargain. But what about duty when it lands in the UK? I’m struggling to know if it will be liable and how much it will be if so.

Any advice or anecdotes?

Thanks!

On 1/20/2021 at 7:23 AM, Tamico Admin said:

Hello Tamiyaclub friends.

This is very important for our UK based customers. 

After Brexit, the UK isn´t member of the European Union anymore. 

And this makes it hard for us to ship to the UK at the moment. Especially smaller orders under an amount of 135 GBP without VAT.

So, at the moment UK based customers can´t order via the shop system.

At the moment, we are working on a solution for more comfortable shipping to the UK.

Here you will find all the information you need to keep up to date with the current status for shipping to the UK.

https://tamico.de/Shipping

Hey Tamico,

Just thought I would quote/tag you into my query ^^^

Thanks!

I went with Modelsport in the end. If the fees had come in on top of the Tamico price, there’s about £10 difference.

I’ll have to save any Tamico bargains until I next drive over to Germany.