GarethMck

Getting my 86 boomerang roadworthy now my son has a Frog!

Check the wiring to the motor , the motor wires need to be reversed as your foreward is actually reverse and reverse is foreward . You bought a Tamiya TB ESC not the Hobbywing 1060 then ? .

On 1/21/2021 at 5:31 AM, Frog Jumper said:

Looking at the links above, those are the wrong hex adapters...

You want these, which are fit the DT03 cars:

https://www.gpmparts.com/tamiya-dt03-aluminium-front-wheel-hex-adapter-with-bearing-2pcs-set-for-gpm-optional-wheels-dt3010f-p-90067717.html

I tried using these before , but I found that when the wheel is put onto the axle with the adapter and you tighten up the nut , the wheel isn't stable at all and flops around , and if you tighten the nut up to press against the wheel as it would on a stock front or rear , it binds the bearings and stops rotation

Morning gents, 

Does anyone have any handy web links to some Blackfoot wheels that will fit my sons frog?

Thinking of taking the advice of going with BF wheels and adapters and swapping out the front bumper as well for the BF one which is probably a good move for long term fitting of wheels..
I have had a look myself for quite awhile now, any advice on the following links if they would work or not would be awesome.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-TAMIYA-BLACKFOOT-2016-Wheels-Set-Front-Rear-TEC-/312014111503

these ones all look the same size which may look a bit odd as I think he wants chunky front wheels that are slightly smaller than the rears (think boomerang look)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-Vintage-Monster-Beetle-Wheels-Tyres-Rc-Car-Spares-Blackfoot-Mud-Blaster/373433518900?hash=item56f25f4b34:g:9CAAAOSwuxlgBz0F

not sure these would fit as require 12 mm adapters?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-4Pcs-1-10-Rubber-Rally-tyres-tire-Wheel-Rim-12mm-Hex-For-HSP-HPI-Off-Road-Car/124386313544?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200520130048%26meid%3Da6e43a4dbb1d4cfa87d265b0def6142e%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dco%26sd%3D373433518900%26itm%3D124386313544%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv5PairwiseWebWithDarwoV3BBEV2b%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

cheers

ps, as an update, them cheap and cheerful wheels I bought and linked a good few posts up, there is a reason they were cheap and cheerful, first corner the boomerang took with them and the tyres slid off the rims... oh well, only a tenner eh.

I'm fairly new here and certainly no expert. I've been using similar cheap wheels and tyres. You need to glue the tyres to the rims, I used a tiny dab of superglue at 12, 3, 6 and 9 positions on both sides of the rim. 

• Like 2

I haven't tried this yet , but maybe Lunchbox / Pumkin wheels & tyres might fit - same issue with bumper I would say . I'll have a try later

firestone tyres 2 .JPG

the first ones are lovely Kev, although 40 quid all in and a long wait for them to arrive from china sadly, but if thats the going rate for decent wheels and tyres, so be it eh :)

I do like these ones Frog Jumper suggested, but cannot seem to find em anywhere :(

image.thumb.png.c926750962717b8499bc9d65ae1c526c.png

• Like 1

Kyosho Scorpion wheel / Proline tyres . The wheels are available , tyres might be difficult to find here . I did fit Kyosho Tomahawk wheels and tyres to a Sand Scorcher . Front go straight on with a 850 bearings , the rear needed work as they are compression fit as standard

new roll bars 2 .JPG

blacked roll bar .JPG

• Like 2

yeah think I found the Kyosho Scorpion wheels on Modelsport.co.uk so thats cool,

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/kyosho-front-wheel-2-scorpion-2014-white-2-2-inch/rc-car-products/429621

out of stock but could order them and the rears they have as it does say order on request so fingers crossed.

tyres though.. hmmm,  Frog Jumper can you remember where you sourced yours from mate?

9 minutes ago, GarethMck said:

Frog Jumper can you remember where you sourced yours from mate?

TBH I don’t remember but I suspect I got them in a tub of vintage wheels and tires I scored on Craigslist. That said, I use eBay to source most of my tires.

Terry

Yeah, I have been on ebay more times this last few weeks then the last few years :)  think my box of grasshopper2 bits has just arrived... thats this evening sorted... (suspect my wife is thinking I am having some kind of midlife crisis)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GarethMck said:

(suspect my wife is thinking I am having some kind of midlife crisis)

^^^This

65E5FD3D-8AC6-4D40-92C9-2BE0BB86A2CC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2