BeetlaJuice

Monster Beetle Clear Shell for sale?

Does anyone know where I can get a clear 2015 monster beetle shell. I would like to keep the original one for show and have a clear one piece for bashing about.

Kamtec do beetle shells in polycarbonate in a few different styles. They are pretty basic and not as detailed as a Tamiya ABS one but great for bashing. It should be easy enough to make one fit a monster beetle. Here is mine on my modified SRB.

190816196_sabdscorcher_round5(4).thumb.jpg.6172758b5a06d8ea5a7099ce0ebb0528.jpg

This is the link to the one I bought:

Kamtec Baja

Cool thanks, I’ve seen the Camtech ones on eBay, but kinda fancy a clear one so I don’t have to cut out windows etc or buy a new windscreen. Or is there a solution for windows that I haven’t seen? Sorry for being a noob!

Where are you located? I have several Lexan ones that were made from the Tamiya hard bodies so they look nearly identical,.  I think there were done by Parma or Bolink, but I am in the U.S.

1 hour ago, BeetlaJuice said:

Cool thanks, I’ve seen the Camtech ones on eBay, but kinda fancy a clear one so I don’t have to cut out windows etc or buy a new windscreen. Or is there a solution for windows that I haven’t seen? Sorry for being a noob!

er, not sure I understand?

The Kamtec shell I linked to (and the one I have fitted to my SRB above) ARE clear polycarbonate. I sprayed mine from the inside in Tamiya polycarbonate iridescent paint. The Kamtec shells come with window masks which I used and I then sprayed my windows in Tamiya smoke.

Many apologies I thought they came in solid cream colour. I will purchase one of these clear ones off that site then. Thanks for your help! Happy Racing 

17 hours ago, BeetlaJuice said:

Many apologies I thought they came in solid cream colour. I will purchase one of these clear ones off that site then. Thanks for your help! Happy Racing 

Kamtech do both ABS (solid white) and lexan (clear).

The lexan ones are great for bashing, I have one on my Blitzer Beetle.

Hi I have a Kamtec Beetle shell on my Mud Blaster chassis. Sure its not the most dimensionally accurate shell, and its a bit blunt in parts but its great value for money. All those curves are however a pain to cut out - it was my first lexan shell in 25 years so don't be too harsh :D  Decals were ebay repros (hiding a bit of paint reaction!) over Tamiya PS63 Bright Gunmetal backed in white. It came with window masks which were almost the same shape as the windows ;)

50595B25-11B8-4668-B33D-076A59D1BD06.thumb.jpeg.7d9ca796de1d99a7118a94fde36d3398.jpeg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Problemchild said:

That’s really nice @Shergar

how much £ in total?

JJ

£19:19 delivered for the shell, and however cheap you can pick up the Tamiya PS main paint colour (and backing colour).

https://www.kamtec.co.uk/epages/BT4645.sf/sec278bdd767d/?ObjectID=47703489&LastProductObjectID=33006037

Stickers/decals take your pick off ebay for around £10. So probably £45 all delivered.

4 hours ago, Shergar said:

£19:19 delivered for the shell, and however cheap you can pick up the Tamiya PS main paint colour (and backing colour).

https://www.kamtec.co.uk/epages/BT4645.sf/sec278bdd767d/?ObjectID=47703489&LastProductObjectID=33006037

Stickers/decals take your pick off ebay for around £10. So probably £45 all delivered.

Awesome - great info mate 

I’ve ordered some fibreglass and resin to try and rescue the hard shell haha

JJ