burakol

Any ideas in what this news release will be about?

Could it be a different bodied CC02🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Could it be a different bodied CC02🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻

Maybe a MF-01x with portals that was engineered to work with that rear suspension/chassis layout?!

• Like 2

If memory serves, Tamiya usually announces their year's new release plan at the Nuremberg Toy Fair which normally takes place around end Jan / beginning Feb.Β  Due to the pandemic the Nuremberg fair has been postponed until July, so my guess* is this is how Tamiya will be revealing their 2021 releases :)Β 

*actually I'm pretty sure I saw this on Facebook

• Like 3

Mad Ax is correct, it’s just because the Nuremberg toy fair is cancelled. We can all dream of something exciting, while deep down knowing it will probably end in mild disappointment.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mad Ax said:

If memory serves, Tamiya usually announces their year's new release plan at the Nuremberg Toy Fair which normally takes place around end Jan / beginning Feb.Β  Due to the pandemic the Nuremberg fair has been postponed until July, so my guess* is this is how Tamiya will be revealing their 2021 releases :)Β 

*actually I'm pretty sure I saw this on Facebook

Exactly what he said ;)

JJ

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Half full or half empty???

Half full is they tell us there's a load of cool new models and a desirable re-re to get excited about

Half empty is I can't afford to buy them anyway

• Like 2

Some possible new candidates:

XV-02, FF-05, TB EVO8, DT-04, TT-03.

Β 

• Like 2

Well, after I bought a non-Tamiya trail truck they released the CC-02 so asΒ I'm due to build myΒ TXT-2 in the coming months they are bound to release a TXT-3 to go up against the recent releases from Losi and Axial.

2 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Some possible new candidates:

XV-02, FF-05, TB EVO8, DT-04, TT-03.

Β 

hope so, I would say yes to all of them

Seriously though, I'd always dreamed of a new off road chassis family that's a bit more competitive with other brands. I don't mean full on Arrma style but at least a bit more capable of higher speeds.

Traxxas have gotten a lot of life out of the 4x4 platform that underpins the Slash and Stampede etc and it's really just a moulded plastic double wishbone setup, it's not highly advanced or anything. Just decent basic geometry, plenty of suspension articulation and plenty of kickup.

Something like that would be great, especially with some Tamiya quirkiness. Id love it to be modular so it could be front/mid/rear motor, single or twin motor etc. Like a lego RC! But with a little bit better performance too.Β 

I'm not sure it will ever happen though. The tried to match the T-maxx and it didn't go so well. Maybe if they had chosen electric instead of nitro it would have fared better. And the Levant felt a bit like an effort to go in that direction a bit but it didn't really work.

When I look at that Kyosho Mad Van, I always think Tamiya are missing a trick. It's got the quirky looks but it's a bit more modern in terms of handling etc. It almost seems like the logical direction you would expect Tamiya to go in.

I guess money talks though and they concentrate their efforts in the most profitable areas.
Β 

There will be:

• a new special edition of the grasshopper - the 'blue with pink spots edition'Β 
  • an 'exciting new' performance buggy - the DT02RRRMSRS edition
  • and yet another re-re of the Avante

:D

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

There will be:

• a new special edition of the grasshopper - the 'blue with pink spots edition'Β 
  • an 'exciting new' performance buggy - the DT02RRRMSRS edition
  • and yet another re-re of the Avante

:D

Don't forget the re-re-re-egressΒ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

TamiyaBlog makes it sound like this batch of egress received some updates .. eg ball diff and nee TRF styles CVDs with captured pins.

I refrained from picking one up the last time because it just looks too fragile.Β 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Raman36 said:

TamiyaBlog makes it sound like this batch of egress received some updates .. eg ball diff and nee TRF styles CVDs with captured pins.

I refrained from picking one up the last time because it just looks too fragile.Β 

I'm sure when I built my egress it had all that in it?

45 years since 1976 so we’re due anotherΒ 934 nostalgic cash cow ...Β 

40 years since the Ford Ranger and it would sitΒ atop other SRB re re w/o much costΒ 

35 years since the 959 but the license rights might blunt @JennyMos optimism πŸ˜‚

30 years since the Top Force - so maybe a TFE re re, which would fly off the shelvesΒ 

25 years since the first TA03 - and the RS has just been dusted off for last year’s 911 re reΒ 

20 years since the TXT-1Β 

At which point I’ll stop ...

We’ll probably get a comical SRB πŸ™„

Β 

Β 

• Haha 1

It's going to be a re-re-eggress I think but if you were on the board at Tamiya what would you have them release?

I would like to see something totally new, taking all that what they know and make something that is competitive, off road or on road. Something that would put Tamiya on top but I have the feeling it will be a nother cash cow!