ThunderDragonCy

Good chassis for rally racing

6 hours ago, Mad Zero said:

I ran a TL-01 rally car for years, it went well 

That`s a great idea!
I run a stripe of ductTape underneath the Chassis to prevent dust coming in, but Plate would be perfect.
I will install a Plate , but i will not make it from Metal, that would maybe to heavy.... I will make it from some Kind of Plastic, i think Carbon would be to expensive ^^
Maybe i can figure it out to make it from Plastic and put some kind of Fenders on it, from what i see fenders should be easy to install.

Also i have to make and install any type of Foam Bumper at some Time.....    ...i have to search on ebay for the right foam.

@Mad Zero  How did you attatched the Plate to the Chassis?

Here is my TL-01 Buidthread:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/86548-tl-01-lancia-delta-integrale-build/&page=3

13 minutes ago, whahooo said:

That`s a great idea!
I run a stripe of ductTape underneath the Chassis to prevent dust coming in, but Plate would be perfect.
I will install a Plate , but i will not make it from Metal, that would maybe to heavy.... I will make it from some Kind of Plastic, i think Carbon would be to expensive ^^
Maybe i can figure it out to make it from Plastic and put some kind of Fenders on it, from what i see fenders should be easy to install.

Also i have to make and install any type of Foam Bumper at some Time.....    ...i have to search on ebay for the right foam.

@Mad Zero  How did you attatched the Plate to the Chassis?

Here is my TL-01 Buidthread:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/86548-tl-01-lancia-delta-integrale-build/&page=3

It was very thin alloy so didn’t weigh much & was screwed into the main spar. It did a good job of protecting the battery. Body was a Focus with cutouts for ground clearance. 

F618B658-9F88-4C19-8B1E-2FDEB533A0F8.jpeg.53980bb95fe98f42f8bc38f15a387281.jpeg

9 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Is this a proper Czech style rally event with people running after their cars over long stages? I was hoping that this would take off in the UK at some point. 

It looked like it might be, but as far as I can tell it never went anywhere.

• Sad 1

Perhaps this is heresy around here, but any non-Tamiya recommendations for a rally chassis?

I don`t know about their chassis, but they have super pretty bodies:

https://www.therallylegends.net/products.php

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mrowka said:

Perhaps this is heresy around here, but any non-Tamiya recommendations for a rally chassis?

LC Racing came out with the PTG-2 this year, I believe...you can find them much cheaper on places like banggood compared to the lc racing website

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Stewpac15 said:

LC Racing came out with the PTG-2 this year, I believe...you can find them much cheaper on places like banggood compared to the lc racing website

Even better is the PTG-2R assembly kit that includes upgrades like sway bars, carbon shock towers, inner fenders and mud flaps. No body included, though.

Just wish Tamiya would make a TT02 entirely out of GFPA.

12 hours ago, whahooo said:

Today i've tested all my Rallycars.

I have to say that the TL01 gives the best expierence.

The TL01 handles very good and has the best off Road usability with the mist ground cearence.

The M05 Chassis was the worst.....

Here are my rating:

TL01 - best Off Road handling, good onroad handling

TA02 Lancia 037 - Good onroad handling, but not enough groundclearence

TT02 Audi quattro - It was "ok"

M05 Renault r5 - bad.... unstable, no grip at all with the Rallyblocks, no accelleration because of the lack of grip, no offroad useability (groundclearence is goo btw) i couldn' drive straight and i couldn' turn. Maybe with harder shocks and ontroad tires it would be fun.

• Like 2