Mechanic AH

Most $£¥ money you spent and what you regretted not buying?

The nib Super Astutes and the nib King Cab are probably/certainly the most expensive. I really regret not picking up the Top Cat re-re, they were everywhere and so affordable and then suddenly they were nowhere to be found. 

• Like 1

Most money spent probably differs for everyone - over time, on one project or a single kit, then item ?

May also be a bit awkward for anyone at the top or bottom end of the hobby to feel comfortable answering ?

Anyway, the regrets I’ve had a few is an old chestnut worth polishing !

For me, it’s also more interesting beyond the obvious - a garage full of, now valuable, NIB from 30 years ago.

In no particular order, I wish I’d bought:

1. Virtually anything 12 months ago;

2. Modern anniversaries earlier - 49400, 84057, 84431 and 47362;

3. A load of 49xx limited edition hop ups and cool accessories;

4. NIP period RC - especially Tamiya own (until it folded) and UK Futaba / Sanwa;

5. NIP period Tamiya batteries, chargers and some motors - all of which are now impossible outside Japan, who currently won’t to the UK / USA;

And that’s before we even start on Tamiya lightweight fixings and currently overpriced TRF bling 😂

• Like 1

Man, I regret not buying a TA05 VDF when Tamiya USA was blowing them out, the DB-01RRR, about a million M bodies, HPI Mini Trophy (no kit, waited for a kit, got discontinued instead).

There's definitely a lot more over the years. Don't think that I've ever regretted a purchase, though. 

• Like 1