Sign in to follow this  
86waterpumper

DT03 servo horn advice needed

Hello!  Well while it's cold outside I decided to build up a DT03 racing fighter buggy.  It isn't too hard a kit to build but I ran into a issue.  I have bought the upgraded metal servo mount and a fairly fast servo also.  So I did not want to run the crap box standard servo saver.  I have a black 51000 "high torque" saver with the metal bands.  I see now that it won't work in this chassis!  Because the stock horn is kicked up with a huge offset, so the ball cups/arms can clear the chassis.  I cannot mount the stock horn on the high torque the insides work totally differently.  So is there some arm I can buy or fit to the high torque to make it work? Surely everyone is not having to use the crap kit servo saver just for that issue  any tips would be appreciated!

dt03 servo.jpg

I'm using the stock servo saver, but changed the horn to a GPM aluminium one.

Never had issues so far.

Thanks for the ideas.  Although it would be easy to flip the balls and nuts to the other side of the horn, the space for the horn/ arms inside the chassis is very limited so this solution will not work... even if it would, it would put the arms at a crazy angle and most likely bind them up or reduce throw. 

Yonzariq do you have a part #, or pic of the GPM alum. arm you used?  That is most likely the way I will have to go, either that, or just super glue the stock saver together as I have seen others do.  It seems that if tamiya are going to make crazy kicked out horns, then they need to at least provide the option to buy the high torque parts that match this design, even if they are not included in the 51000 kit. 

It will work when you flip the balls on the other side of the horn with the flat plate. The difference in terms of ball positionning will be very minimal, I did change the original plate after it broke with the flat plate included in the kit, waiting for replacement...

Thanks for the help and advice silvertriple!  It did work which surprised me... glad to be able to handle that without waiting on even more parts haha I owe  you one!!!  I hope my plate does not break!