Sign in to follow this  
Matty36

Carisma racing crf gt serial number 25

I have ended up trial fitting the accessories so that when I mask it up for paint, I can get the lines right. I liked the way they pre marked all the holes and they all actually lined up.

20210215_224254.jpg

The final one for a while until it comes to paint. I still have the lower door pieces to cut off, as it has side pods to go on, but it helps it sit better for storage with them still on.

20210215_231947.jpg

Still looking good, always a relief when everything lines up. 6mm ride height is definitely do able. Could use protective tape underneath and a basher body. I assume it's a fairly standard wheelbase. Only concern would be the exposed pinion and gear. Looking forward to the end result 👍

26 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Still looking good, always a relief when everything lines up. 6mm ride height is definitely do able. Could use protective tape underneath and a basher body. I assume it's a fairly standard wheelbase. Only concern would be the exposed pinion and gear. Looking forward to the end result 👍

It is standard 257mm wheelbase and 188mm wide so can take most bodyshells.

• Like 1

I had a bit of time to fit the electrics, I had to put the wires under the rear pod which moves in 4 directions.

20210217_080810.jpg

I think I have decided on a colour, it will probably be tamiya copper for the main body, Matt black for the front splitter, rear diffuser and rear wing.

Nice neat installation of electrics, that's going to be rapid with the Hobbywing and Speed Passion motor! Copper and matt black will be cool. 

Ok, the paint has arrived, I ended up ordering copper, translucent silver, bright silver and black. I do have some metallic white, white, silver and metallic blue, so the paintjob could end up weird.

So far the paintjob has been a nightmare, I thought it was warm enough but apparently it has not been. I have masked it up a few times, finally I found a warm enough area at work to get some paint to stick. The silver paint decided to lift the black paint that had dried, so I have an idea to fix it, but it is in the post, hopefully next weekend i can fix the roof part. The next layer of paint should be the copper color, hopefully it goes on better.

20210226_210847.jpg

20210226_210908.jpg

As it was a warm day, I decided to give the copper color a try. I still need to fix the roof issue, but so far it's getting better. The roof will be black when its finished. It still has its protective film on for now.

20210227_151630.jpg

20210227_151650.jpg

20210227_151707.jpg

Now with the black bits screwed back on, I still have the lower parts of the doors to paint and fit, the rear diffuser to paint and fit and the front air intakes to fit. Once the roof and windows are sorted then I can drive it around a bit before it gets put on a shelf.

20210227_225339.jpg

20210227_225239.jpg

20210227_232246.jpg

Ok, just for now it's back on the shelf waiting for a few little bits to finish it off. The one thing I'm unsure about is how to mount the shell, magnets might be the answer.

20210228_224250.jpg

Magnets make sense, would be a shame to puncture that shell. Ive never used them so have no idea how reliable they are. 

The postman brought me the required vinyl for the roof, it's not as perfect as I had wanted, but I think it's fine for sitting on a shelf. Once I sticker it up, it should be ok.

20210303_230626.jpg

20210303_230643.jpg

I decided to put the stickers on and it seems to have gone okay. I sorted the roof ripples out and used most of the stickers. The headlamp stickers went wrong so I removed them. I would love to paint the wheel spokes gold, but I'm not brave enough to attempt it.

20210305_235415.jpg

20210305_235355.jpg

20210305_235339.jpg

Looks good. Could you use a small amount of decanted PS silver for the lights applied with a brush? 🤔 Interested to see how it runs. 

After a lot of thought about how I ruined the paintjob, I decided to take a gamble on removing the paint from the roof. I decided to order the carson paint remover, and it worked great. It only took a small amount, and a lot of rubbing but the test will be how good the new paint sticks.

20210402_214210.jpg

Never knew you could remove paint that well with remover. Impressive, will have to add one to my kit. I've a few bodies that could do with a little sort out. 

The sun was out, so I decided to repaint the top part of the body. I just went with the copper color and it seems to be right now. I have tried to buy another body but they dont seem to be in stock anywhere in the world. I still have the kit one in its box, but its carbon printed and I prefer clear windows.20210826_211926.thumb.jpg.cee6c76ebdff4ed5f7e56942a5d198a6.jpg20210826_211755.thumb.jpg.ec8e1307459a8955289a50a0c53ed30a.jpg